[Release] StatusStyle.app. 2.4, (update on post 193)

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by SkylarEC, Feb 4, 2008.

1. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Testersshould be using firmware 1.1.2 or earlier. There are reasons as to why this will not work on 1.1.3. <--Note, there are reports that it works perfectly and as intended on 1.1.3. Install at your own risk.

Testers should know how to manually add an Application to their iPod or iPhone.
    Testers should also know how to use Terminal or SSH to change the permissions on the Application after it has been installed.

This Application is designed to change the SpringBoard's default statusbar. While it changes, the default text and color and icons should also change accordingly.

1. Extract the zip to your Desktop
    2. Read the included README.
    3. Using your prefered method of accessing your device, place the included files directly into /Applications/StatusStyle.app
    4. Open up Terminal or SSH and type in /bin/chmod -R 755 /Applications/StatusStyle.app
      • You can skip this step by setting the permissions with your SFTP client if you know
      how.

Enjoy.

Enjoy,
    Skylar

UPDATE: Version 0.2a clarifies the wording on two of the options as well as an improved GUI.
    Direct Link: http://www.touchrepo.com/Utilities/StatusStyle.app.zip

I've also set the permissions before uploading. If you are not using Windows, then you shouldn't have to re set the permissions.

UPDATE: Version 1.0. Official BETA release

UPDATE: Version 2.0. I have clarified the UI a little but more, added in the "(default)." I have also updated the app to show live changes to the StatusBar as soon as you tap any one of the choices.

UPDATE: Version 2.01. Small increment, huge breakthrough. I finally cracked that cookie that was preventing the app from working on 1.1.3. This upgrade whould guarantee compliance with any device, any version.

UPDATE: Version 2.1 Currently in Beta. Get it from Post 138 of this thread. This is the most extensive update yet. Added features include a polished UI, several help screens, one for each option, and the ability to turn off/on and edit your FakeTime and FakeCarrier strings.

UPDATE: Version 2.2 Well, I am finally out of BETA. I am callling this the first official release of this app. This has all the features of version 2.1, but without the bug that caused SpringBoard to reset if you use this after setting anything in Preferences.app. Enjoy and let me know what you think.

UPDATE: Version 2.3 Get it while it's hot. Version 2.3 finally fixes the compatibility, so now everybody should be able to use this. Even those who have switched to using 1.1.4. I've also changed up the FakeTime and FakeCarrier buttons a bit. You'll see.

Please Register or Log in to view images

UPDATE: Version 2.4 This is a small update. It primarily fixes the issue with some (most) users who can't get the Custom Carrier Texts to work on their devices. It should work fine now, but time will tell, since I never actually had the bug on my own phone. Also, I have added in a live preview feature with a "tap the Status Bar" feature, as seen in Safari. Enjoy!

UPDATE: Version 2.4.1 This update fixes the Fake Time Bug where the fake time would set, but not unset on firmwares other than 1.1.3 and 1.1.4. Aside from that, it is identical to version 2.4

Planned updates include adding and removing StatusBar Objects, such as Bluetooth, etc.
    1 person likes this.
  2. thenewkasanova

thenewkasanova New Member

3. koolgecko91

koolgecko91 New Member

Ill do it i just need to jailbreak into 1.1.2
  4. rares

rares New Member

Meeee!! i wanna be a beta tester!!! mmeee choose me!!
  5. Power Stroke

Power Stroke New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'll test it out for ya.
  6. plg6067

plg6067 New Member

I will test

Please Register or Log in to view images

(I am on 1.1.1.)
  7. radiall

radiall New Member