[RELEASE] Standalone DFU Helper

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by ipodtouch1234, Sep 9, 2008.

1. ipodtouch1234

ipodtouch1234 Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    what didn't work? the program or dfu on the ipod?
  2. ipodtouch1234

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    The point of this is to let you to get into DFU mode for restoring, not necessarily for a jailbreaking procedure.
  3. Phillytm

Phillytm New Member

It says

IT SAYS THAT I NEED A PASSWORD TO EXTRACT THE FILES BECAUSE QUICKPWN IS PASSWORD PROTECTED.. WHAT IS THE PASSWORD???

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. ipodtouch1234

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Wow... this isn't quickpwn. And there is no password to these files.
  5. mak113

mak113 New Member

Device has malfunctioned

I was looking for some help on getting my Ipod touch up and working again, when I came across Taheen's posting and she said that you and your helper program had helped get her ipod working again. I have the same problem. My ipod is jailbroken and I opened an app up and it froze then turned off. I can't get it to turn on and when I plug it into the usb port, windows states the device has malfunctioned. I tried to download your helper program but it won't allow me to. Can you please help?
  6. ipodtouch1234

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    To download, you click the attachment link in the first post. If it won't let you download, then you have to be signed in with your account here on iPod touch fans. You probably tried to download it without being signed in. If you are having trouble running it, please look at the instructions on the first post of this thread. I hope that I helped. I don't really understand what your problem is from your post.
  7. BrokenIpoDTouch

BrokenIpoDTouch New Member

it doesnt work i open it up and it a white box with a black backround can u help me please
  8. ipodtouch1234

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    What browser and what os are you using on your computer? Did you extract the .zip file? It should not be difficult to run.
  9. bobleponge

bobleponge New Member

hi, i have mac osx 10.5.7, and an ipodtouch v1. the home button of my ipod touch doesn't work anymore that's why I'm interested in your dfu helper program- so I can jailbreak it without having to use the home button.
    Unfortunatly, when I launch the html file, a black and white page is launched in my browser, but no graphics appears.
    when i double click the dfuhelper.jar file, it says "impossible to launch the JAR java file".
    any clues?
    Thanks
  10. ipodtouch1234

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    You need a working home button to do this. You can't double click the jar file. You have to type java -jar dfuhelper.jar on a mac in a terminal window.