[Release] QuickFreedom BETA

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0 Jailbreak' started by dancool999, Jun 30, 2009.

1. dancool999

dancool999 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    This is a lite version of QuickFreedom that can jailbreak all devices with 3.0 Firmware. I have not tested iPod 1G, iPhone or iPhone 3G. Make sure you have upgraded to the 3.0 firmware before using QuickFreedom 2.0 Beta. Remember this is a Beta and custom ipsw creation, boot logo changing, etc are not available until a later date.

Download here!
  2. Hexane

Hexane New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch

@Chris

*Stokes beard* *squints* Quickfail you say?
  3. davies-09

davies-09 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    dan, will this accept 3.0 ipsw that has had the iboot file patched?
  4. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    mmmmm.... not hearing good things about this tool... well it is in beta I suppose...
  5. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm not going to start a fight in this thread, we've been there before and I'm not posting this to start something. I would instead like to point something out to you.

You are using redsn0w .6 as your backbone. This is a neat little thing that planetbeing gave me over a month ago. The problem is that if Apple changes something that requires a tweak of the jailbreaking process, you will be completely screwed because redsn0w .6 won't be updated, Planetbeing will just update his GUI.

I am not at liberty to discuss what is going into redTool, but I would urge you to come up with something versatile because if you don't, you won't be able to provide updates.

If it were as simple as just shellexec'ing redsn0w, I would have released redTool 2.0 a month ago.

Just thought I'd point that out, PM me if you wanna talk about it in private.
  6. pody08

pody08 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    im either getting the error : Runtime error 75 or runtime error 339
    Could you provide some support. I have been waiting months on getting support for these errors
  7. H4CK!NT0SH

H4CK!NT0SH Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well, I thought it'd be necessary to make a comparison of Redtool beta 2.0 and Quickfreedom Beta

Redtool
    First off, redTool has a lot of customization. Such as AppManager and LogoManager.

LogoManager gives you the ability to create your own custom boot logos and incorporate them into NOR only firmwares and full firmwares. It is an extremely handy thing to have and it's nice to have it in an all in one application.

Please Register or Log in to view images

AppManager is almost like Cydia on your computer. It has the basic repositories included in Cydia like BigBoss and ZodTTD. It allows you to download Cydia packages and install them to your device all on your computer. All it requires is a reboot and that item you installed will be there when the device boots up.

The abilities of redTool are great. As you can see in the screenshot below, you have many options of things you can do to your device. These below are just some of the great features in redTool.

redTool 2.0 is still in the development stages, but it is being actively worked on. Chris has a list of things he's working on, such as making redTool available to all devices, logomanager and appmanager for 3.X, etc.

QuickFreedom
    QuickFreedom has a better User Interface than redTool, and it supports what redTool will soon support, but it has some tedious errors. Some screenshots of the application are below.

Although QuickFreedom has a better looking UI, it is slow and has some flaws in the jailbreaking process. Overall, I think that what redTool will become and what it already is, is a better application. I think that in order for QuickFreedom to be any better than redTool, it would have to have something like LogoManager and AppManager, and I highly doubt that QuickFreedom can have something better.
  8. dancool999

dancool999 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Not sure why you people are advertising redtool again in my thread.. but QuickFreedom is just another alternative to redsn0w and redtool. And what exactly are these 'tedious errors'?

@Chris I'm only using redsn0w 0.6 until xpwn is updated again.

PLEASE KEEP ON TOPIC AND PLEASE NO ADVERTISING OR FLAMING!

Thanks,
    Dan
  9. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah, but from the looks of it, there won't be an update to xpwn for a while. You can thank drama and politics for that one.
  10. H4CK!NT0SH

H4CK!NT0SH Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I don't see any advertising or flaming, I see logic. The tedious errors are runtime errors and constant freezing.