[Release] Pwntunes - Sync your music with any computer without iTunes!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by ownerofspam, May 21, 2010.

1. ownerofspam

ownerofspam Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch

Please Register or Log in to view images

Released just a few days ago, pwntunes is an app that tops the wireless syncing that we have seen in the matter of the past week. Pwntunes allows access to certain portions of your iPod allowing you to place music directly onto it, and it will automatically sync it into the iPod's native music player.

First things first, this finally gives us the ability to use an iPod touch/iPhone as a USB flash drive. We now have almost "raw" access to the iPhone. No more SSHing or using programs like DiskAid which you have to download on every computer you plan to use your device on, you install this package from Cydia and your device instantly becomes the ultimate USB device.

More importantly, this app adds something major to the iPod. It would be one thing to put music onto the iPod in this usb-disk manner and run it through dTunes or another third party media player, but this amazing plugin will automatically sync music that you put into the "My Music" folder into the Native iPod player. Say goodbye to those alternatives, you can finally add music to the native player seamlessly!

Those of you may be thinking "Yeah, but then when I sync it with iTunes, it will delete any songs that I put on it from other peoples computers because I don't have it on mine" are right, but only to a point where it doesn't even matter anymore. Also available on the iPod is a folder called "iTunes Music". Normally, copying music from iPods gives you 4 letter names that are just confusing to use, PwnTunes automatically lists the files by their ID3 tags, on my computer they show up as the Album then Song Name. This allows you to transfer music back to whatever computer you "sync" your iPod to normally, completing the circle.

You may notice a folder called "Downloads" after buying this app. This is the folder that your safari downloader extensions download to, that your Mewseek can download to, you can place ROMS directly into this folder and redirect your emulators on your iPhone to play from them, this developer has done everything in his power to make sure we get the most we can out of this product.

This app is available now on cydia for $13, and while some may look at the price and say "NEVER", I believe that this plugin will soon become a staple of jailbreaking everywhere. You no longer have a need for iTunes besides contact syncing, which I can see being integrated into this soon enough, and that this product is worth about 2 lunches easy.

Questions? Post below, I'll do my best to help you guys out.

NOTE: Right now, this is a windows only-program. It is being worked on for Macs. For XP users, there is a fix you have to download from the pwntunes FAQ. I can help with that as well if you need it.
  2. Just_For_Now

Just_For_Now Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Already been posted. But thank you.
  3. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  4. ownerofspam

ownerofspam Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
  5. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i got a copy to so

, i had to copy about 2-4 days before i wrote that
  6. pielover375

pielover375 New Member

So what you're saying...is I should go without lunch for two days to use an app? The whole purpose of a jailbreak, for me anyway, is for the open-ness. How open is something that costs 13 freakin' bones? Can you say "f*** that noise"? Cuz I can.
  7. ownerofspam

ownerofspam Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    The fact that you're complaining about supporting what is easily worth $13 is really troublesome. Something this fantastic deserves the developer to be rewarded for his hard work.
  8. thedj

thedj Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    ok so if I receive a song from someone via bluetooth, can I use iFile to copy the song in to the music folder on there and then the song will play in the actual iphone music player and I can add it to my playlist?