[RELEASE] MewSeek Pro v2.0

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by errrick, Jun 8, 2009.

1. errrick

errrick Active Member

MewSeek Pro v2.0 - now out on Cydia!

With all the WWDC and crappy iPhone 3GS announcement, It is probably not the best day to release an app, but I wanted to do it as soon as possible anyway.

It is my pleasure to announce the release of the new, revamped MewSeek Pro. This new version (v2.0) was mainly focused on getting the old user-friendly, fast, responsive and intuitive user interface seen on previous versions when SeeqPod was still alive (I assume you all know what SeeqPod is, what was it used for, and what happened with it).

The new main search engine is SkreemR, which has proven itself to provide even better and much more up-to-date results than SeeqPod did.

But that's not all!

MewSeek Pro now integrates with various mp3 search websites (suggested from users), with the ability to periodically download and update them by the time new ones are discovered and integrated. All from within the same screen, no more crappy, slow WebSearch interface (altough it is still supported, e.g. for Google Search).

It also features a redesigned interface which makes your mobile download experience even better.
    Take a look at the screenshots!

Many things have been left for future releases, because I considered this was the major update MewSeek Pro needed in the first place, and I wanted to get it out as soon as possible.

Forthcoming updates will include:

- Fixes for the alphabetical sort error on music library after adding songs to iPod (there is a workaround for this: you only need to manually add/remove a song from iTunes to fix it)
    - Pause/Resume downloads (specially useful for big files)
    - Restore downloads after closing the app (specially useful for big files)
    - [PIRACY.rs] search ([PIRACY.mu], [PIRACY.mf] and major file hosting websites also supported)
    - Support to download RAR and ZIP files with automatic extraction - specially useful for [PIRACY.rs] search
    - ID3 tag editing on downloaded files

Notes about firmware 3.0

iPhoneOS 3.0 friendly version is not yet supported. While almost everything works (running the app, search, download), one of its core features, "add to iPod", does not work yet. This is because iTunes 8.2 changed the way it manages the music library, with stuff that has not been yet discovered to enable third party applications mess with it, just like MewSeek Pro does. While we are not under the same situation like we were one year ago (where Apple changed the hashing scheme of the iTunesDB file ... a long story .. but caused a lot of headache to many developers, myself included), there are a few things that need to be figured out before I can make a fully compatible version. Hopefully, it won't be as difficult as it was last year with 2.0 release. But if that is the case, I believe I'll need to recycle my old media player project, PwnPlayer, to enable people to listen to their downloaded music through MewSeek.

So, we are one week ahead of 3.0 final public release (as announced in the WWDC09 keynote today). Of course, that sucks since I expected the final release to be a little bit later. But in short, if you want to keep using MewSeek Pro, you will have to avoid updating to 3.0.
  2. Kargo

Kargo Member

Device:
    iPad
    errrick, dude your amazing! Thanks for this update.. the being able to choose search engine is cool and many thanks for fixing the alphabetical sort error. looking forward to the automatic extraction of zip and rar files

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. TheTerminator

TheTerminator New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    How much will this be costing and what will be MewSeek
  4. deleted account 92

deleted account 92 Active Member

Wow, I updated it and it's so much better.
  5. Sarcasm Siempre

Sarcasm Siempre New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well, I won't be buying the application, but thanks for letting me know about SkreemR. I've been looking for a SeeqPod alternative ever since they got their asses handed to them.
  6. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Yay for you pirates.

Easier way to get music.

ITUNES APP!!!!!

YAY
  7. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

Great update!
    I'm on 3.0 right now, so I can't try it, but I'd love to if/when I come back down.

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. Edin.

Edin. New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    This is great! But for the free version, the maximum is 15 right? What if I decide to remove a song from the limited playlist (15 which becomes 14), do I get another download?
  9. errrick

errrick Active Member

15 songs limit is handled server-side, so the answer would be no.
  10. 10thzen

10thzen New Member

help after i added a song into my ipod not using itunes.

The alphabetical order in my songs list all got screwed up? May i know how can i fix this?

Can i do so by removing the song i downloaded?