[RELEASE] MeCanto - Have your entire music collection on the iPhone

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by NightDemon, Sep 16, 2009.

1. NightDemon

NightDemon New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    MeCanto - Access your entire music collection from the iPhone

MeCanto is a new app which lets you stream your entire music collection to the iPhone/iPod Touch over 3G/Wifi.
    Unlike Simplify and other similar apps, while letting you stream your music as soon as the app is installed on your PC and iPhone, it also uploads the music to your online account s.t as soon as the upload is done you can turn your PC off.
    Additionaly, the service lets you add multiple PCs to a single account.
    This way you have a single service where you can listen to your unified music collection (great for those of us who have an additional laptop/nettop).

The service has a web 2.0 style, feature-rich web access which lets you browse and listen to your music from a remote computer (such as your office computer, school computer, etc.).

How to get it
    1. Get the app from Cydia (it's filed under Multimedia).
    2. Open an account (for free) at http://www.mecanto.com .
    3. Install the PC application on the PCs containing your music files.
    The application can either get your music files through iTunes or you can define the folders manually.
    Additionaly, it monitors you collection for updates s.t as soon as new music is detected it is automatically available through the service.
    4. Run the app on the iPhone and insert your account details.
    5. Rock on.

Here are some screenshots of the app :

Please Register or Log in to view images

The support page for the iPhone application is located at : http://www.mecanto.com/iphone .

Cheers,
    Demon.
  2. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    interesting, gonna try it

might want to add a volume slider for peopel with iPod touch 1G, i cant jailbreak 3GS

3. Bauman1535

Bauman1535 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Very cool app. If possible, I would LOVE a "download to iPod library" option. Say I have a touch and I only stream my music from MeCanto so my iPod music library is empty to make room for other things. It would be nice if, say I was taking a car trip where there was no wifi, that I could just click "download album to library" and have the album be added to my iPod's library and memory. Awesome app as it is though!!