[Release] iUtilities 2.2 :)

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by joshrose54, Nov 26, 2008.

1. joshrose54

joshrose54 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Okay so it's here, a lot of bugs have been fixed but i'm sure you guys will find more which is why the updater has been fixed so you guys get all the latest patches asap

Before i give you the links, please delete absolutely every trace of the old iUtilities becuase there are possible conflicts: Please read all the instructions carefully in order to keep your device safe.

Thats it from me for now, heres the links:

Official server

[PIRACY.rs]

Sendspace
    Sendspace
  2. ZunePod

ZunePod Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
  3. Xandu

Xandu New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    k
  4. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Thanks, works great

Please Register or Log in to view images

Edit: Although, when I press the buttons to download the 2.0.2 and 2.2 firmwares for the iPod Touch, nothing seems to happen, its alright for the rest of them though
  5. joshrose54

joshrose54 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thanks
  6. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm not gonna lie, This doesn't work for me when I try it. I told it to backup my files for AppStore and jailbroken apps and neither went. Your UI is half finished and you still rely heavily on SSH. I find it hard to navigate and it isn't baby proofed... /$.02
  7. joshrose54

joshrose54 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Okay, i tested jailbroken apps and works fine, so does appstore apps, i hardly rely on SSH, just for 2 of the backups and permissions.

and i like my UI, so ner lol
  8. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Like your UI all you want, it isn't about what you like, it's about what's user friendly. That's great that they work for you, but they didn't work for me at all. So I am curious as to how you are going to prevent this in the future. If you are going to do it over SSH because you can't handle symlinks, you need to do things such as verify the IP address before running the backup script. You can do this by simply 'pinging' the iPod and redirecting the output of the shell to the application and using a boolean statement to judge whether or not the iPod is at that IP. I find your app to be very limited and you require too much of the user. This is far from a one-click solution. I can't wait until my release. Sure, it will have bugs at first. But by the time it will have been out for as long as yours has, I think it will be solid as a rock.
  9. joshrose54

joshrose54 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Serioulsy Chris, i will 100% agree with you when you finally release your app. It has been months and you haven't released a thing. You said you were going to release the backup feature, that never came out becuase you delayed it and said it would be out today, as far as i can see it isn't. My message is that you please not not judge my app until we can see yours. If yours is better then mine, then well done you did well, however please don't judge until you have some evidence to backup your argument.

- Peace
  10. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yeah, sure, no more bragging about my stuff. BUT only like a sentence of that was regarding my application. What about the rest of it?