[Release] FontSwap.app (update post 83)

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by SkylarEC, Feb 25, 2008.

1. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Please Register or Log in to view images

First of all, I want to thank Dan945 for the above image, and grizzjr1 for the icon for this Application. I'd also like to extend another thanks to ipodtouchhacker and grizzjr1 for spurring me on with my this little project.

Inspired by the Caterpillar apps, I sought about creating an app that would let me change the font myself, for free. And so i made one. So far, this is still just a proof of concept app, but it will be updated soon, as I have time to experiment with fonts. Please pardon any future delay, but I never even looked at fonts before yesterday night, lol.

As of yet, the only font that I am allowing the program to change is the Lock Clock font. Next on my list is the NotePad, and I may do that tomorrow or the day after. Then comes the System Fonts.

Please, test and report any bugs you may find in this threads here. Also, feel free to leave me any comments or suggestions in this thread.

As a final note, you'll notice that the GUI is a skeleton for the future updates. Please pardon its appearance, as it is still under construction.

To get this, add the iPodTouchFans BETA repository and refresh your sources. It is currently situated in the "Recent" category, but it lives in "Utilities."

iPTF BETA Repo: http://www.touchrepo.com/betarepo.xml

3 people like this.
  2. dan945

dan945 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Looks great. I am eager to try this out.

EDIT: Works as advertised! Some offset issues with some fonts (LCD and PhonepadTwo come to mind), but I'm sure that's unavoidable. Only thing that I would comment on this release is that it would be nice to have a check mark or have the currently selected font highlighted in the menu to select others.

Lock clock is done, hopefully we can expect system wide changes soon enough. Thank you.
  3. jbreyfogle

jbreyfogle New Member

AAGGHH amazing, thank you so much.
    cant wait to try
  4. Wesche

Wesche New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I just downloaded it and it works great.. ! off topic, could you tell where you got that slider ?
  5. iCallShotgun

iCallShotgun New Member

Cool Can't wait to try it.
  6. DJ Xander

DJ Xander New Member

LSD zomg XD
  7. SkylarEC

Wesche, that slider is available in the Ed Hardy theme. Do a search in the theme section.
  8. Willberto

Willberto New Member

Spent a few minutes messing with it, works flawlessly. Nice work!

I know this is just proof of concept but a future feature might be a restore to default. After I changed it once I thought "wait, what did the original look like again?"
  9. superrama

superrama New Member

u got a manual download? i keep getting error in script command.
    this came sooner then i expected skylar, i was just reading the concept thread like a couple of hours ago lol.

way to go
  10. SkylarEC

Yeah, I already thought of that. The main menu will have links to what can be customized with a restore to defaults button at the very bottom.

You can manually download this from http://www.touchrepo.com/Utilities/FontSwap.app.zip
    Just note that after downloading it, you will have to set permissions accordingly. The Applications/FontSwap.app needs to be 755, FontSwap.app/FontSwap then needs to have setuid set. Then set the Fonts/CGFontCache.plist to 666.