[RELEASE] Customize-ipod edition... released

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by mknapper1, Nov 2, 2007.

1. mknapper1

mknapper1 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    ***UPDATE***UPDATE***UPDATE***UPDATE***UPDATE***
    I will now start doing all ipod customize editions on customize 2.0.... right now they are at beta 9 so that is what wil be used for my release tonight... you will still need to be signed up with the spicey chicken for this to work... thanks

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    OK now i am really sad... i have put weeks and weeks upon getting this working and i finally got it about 3/4 of the way done and then i checked out customize 2.0 today... pretty much the same exact thing that i have been working on for the last couple of weeks... i will still release mine because i think its a little more stable i also think its more slow tho so you can't get everything... will post links tonight when i get back home

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    OK i have finally got most of my major updates working they work on the latest customize 1.21
    this update will work for 1.1.1 (1.1.2 i am sure as well but hasn't been tested)
    this app combines customize, and smb prefs( also working on adding the status style app)
    This app also adds a few other nice features like switching keyboard artworks, and other artworks--- can't get a preview though if anyone knows how i could do this that would be great, also many other editable graphics

i am doing a beta test of this app right now if you want to be involved send me a pm and i will send you a link as soon as possible... i am only having about 5 people test it so the sooner the better...i will send out the links one i finish making all the graphics pretty(saturday or sunday)

i am going to try to get this on a repo and released within 1 or 2 weeks

----------------Everything Below this line is for an older version of Customize-----------
    First install customize from the installer.

Next rewrite all the files with the zip file that is included with this post

You will now be able to do the following:
    -Edit icon order.
    -Edit carrier image.
    -Edit the phone keypad if you have that installer.
    -Edit the keypad artwork if you have extra keypads...they must be renamed however.

I have removed all the useless iphone customization features.
    I have added a new startup image.

***I am not taking any credit for this code, I simply did some hex editing***

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  2. Shredd3r

Shredd3r New Member

Sweet!! I'll be sure to try this out when i get home. Thanks!
  3. Blake

Blake Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    sounds great!
    though I cant test right now.
  4. 1337chaos

1337chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    boy do i love you

Please Register or Log in to view images

this thing works perfectly in every way. but if you dont mind, could you maybe fix the names and stuff in the rSBT part? you mis spelled Music (you left out the C) and videos has the wrong icon. otherwise, it works perfectly man.
  5. H8TR

H8TR New Member

WTF? It's still crashing for me.
  6. Bauer

Bauer New Member

Thanks a lot mknapper! This is a spot on solution and works perfectly!
  7. eok

eok New Member

its not working for me.

but the original customize via the installer behaves the same way.

ti loads, i see the background image of the customize.app and then i fall back to the ipod-desktop.

any idea what i might have done wrong?
  8. Uriel

Uriel New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i change the keypad artwork and it crash everytime i'm opening the keypad in everywhere at the ipod

9. sn1p3r

sn1p3r New Member

I'm having exactly the same problem. It runs and then closes again after a few seconds..
  10. muddytaco

muddytaco New Member

Opened the first time then crashed after about a 2 min. Reopened it and it has worked fine ever since.

Also not really a big deal but when you go into to change icon order the music icon is messed up as such:

You can still change its order, its just missing the C and a icon.