[RELEASE] Categories for 2.0.x

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by jstringham21, Sep 3, 2008.

1. jstringham21

jstringham21 Banned

Categories is now out for your 2.0.x iPod Touch or iPhone. Go get it in Cydia (under System) now!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. danerz15

danerz15 New Member

here it is finally i have been waiting for this lets hope it is good!

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Zee

Zee Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Just tried it. While I appreciate the clean-up of my desktop there's just a couple of issues so far for me:

1) Seems kinda slow launching apps from within a folder. Once I press an app it seems like nothing happens for a second or so, then finally the app kicks in

2) I use winterboard to customize all my icons on the springboard. When I place them within a category folder it doesn't use my winterboard themed icon, but instead uses the original icon that came with the app. Any way around this?
  4. saleh317

saleh317 New Member

your right and also when you put appstore apps in folders they appear as ugly square icons
  5. gakman

gakman New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    At last this is out, but everytime i respring, my ipod forgets the rearrangements ive made to the springboard, ie i haveonly 9 icons in total now, thanks to categories, but when i respring I have 1 icon on the first page, 2 on the second page and 3 on the 3rd, with 4 icons in the dock, whereas i should have 5 icons in the dock and jjust 4 icons on 1 page
  6. Fehr

Fehr New Member

Ugh... Isn't it obvious? ._______. The point of Categories is so that it CLEANS UP your springboard, and organizes everything in CATEGORIES. Hence, all the applications you added to a category is POOFED, or hidden.
  7. gakman

gakman New Member

Device:
    iPod touch

yes, but what I'm saying is that i rearrage all 4 icons to be on 1 page, and 5 icons in the dock, then when i respring they are all over the place, and only 4 icons in the dock, been cheking some other threads though and i think its more to do with a conflict between the 5 icon dock app and kate
  8. AznHiro

AznHiro New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If you really want the ugly original icons gone from within the category, find the folder for the application you want to change (ie. MobileStore.app is iTunes store), go into that folder, and replace the icon.png file with the icon you want. Make sure the new icon is named icon.png.
  9. sushiboy

sushiboy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Is this the only way around? Will the apps be usable even if I change their main icons per app folder? 'Coz the Category "icon revert" feature makes my iPod interface fugly.
  10. Alpha911

Alpha911 New Member

Device:
    iPad
    Categories 2.0 is very ****....you can't use it if you changed the rights of your apps, cause they won't work if you put them into folders. Hope theyll fix it