[REL] iAno - "Spanish Patch"

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by MooTheCow, Feb 19, 2008.

1. MooTheCow

MooTheCow New Member

Since releasing iAno I've received a lot of emails from Spanish people who say that "Ano" is an offensive word in Spanish.

To those people I present: "The Spanish Patch"!

This will merely replace your iAno title screen (the one with the giant word "Ano"

Please Register or Log in to view images

) with an identical screen that says instead "Piano". The old title screen will be saved away in case you want to uninstall the Patch and go back to the "rude" version.

Note that I am not planning to rename the app for everyone, as I happen to like the title, which means that the website will stay as: http://mister.aardvark.googlepages.com/iAno
    and various parts of the app will still say "iAno" but not in the giant font of the title screen that people on the bus will see you looking at. In particular the Springboard title will still be iAno, but there are various ways you can avoid that (for one, by turning off the names), so I leave that up to you. For all intents and purposes, therefore, the app is still "iAno", and I'm particularly pleased that in the course of this post I have offended Spanish people with my language numerous times! Still, that will repay them for sending me many, many emails with the English translation of that word.

You will need to install iAno before you can install the patch.

The patch is available on the ModMyIFone repository as "iAno Spanish Patch".

Thank you for your time!
  2. nclaxmiddy11

nclaxmiddy11 Active Member

This is pretty sad you had to do this. You are the developer and you have every right to name it anything you want. If you wanted to call it iFuc* I would still use it. lol

3. MooTheCow

MooTheCow New Member

Actually I'm in the middle of rebranding everything anyway.

Not content with offending the Spanish, it seems that the use of an image of an iPhone in my logo is... ill-advised. And I have a new domain name that is less Aardvark related.

So "iAno" is going to become "Pianist", and to give it it's full title: "MooCowMusic: Pianist". Those who have a problem with this can "re-brand" their local copies of the app with my blessing!

4. shalashaska

shalashaska New Member

wow that just made me laugh. I have one thing to say to that. Welcome to America, now speak English.
  5. orangehades

orangehades New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    so you're saying that iAno is english? i cant seem to find the word iAno in the dictionary lol,

let's keep in mind that this forum contains different peoples all over the world, let's just respect what they want.

(i'm not spanish)
  6. Argento1982

Argento1982 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    "Ano" isn't an offensive word... it means: "anus"... and it's only a part of the body.

Great app!!!!!!

7. MooTheCow

MooTheCow New Member

Rebranding

For many reasons, I have rebranded.
    So:-

"iAno" is now "MooCowMusic: Pianist".
    "iThm" is (will be) now "MooCowMusic: Drummer".

The new site is: http://moocowmusic.com/

For an update:-
    - Pianist is going to get an update as soon as I get some beta testing done.
    - Drummer is going into beta on ipodtouchfans as soon as Skylar replies to my PM.
    - And there is a music video from iBand coming very soon using both products that will knock your socks off!
  8. enj0ii

enj0ii New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Drummer looks like its going to be fun too