Reinstalled Vista; How to get back my apps?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by lakicsv, Nov 4, 2008.

1. lakicsv

lakicsv New Member

Hi All,

I have reinstalled my OS (vista) and started with a fresh install of iTunes, since I did not care about loosing my playlists, etc.

But, I had many apps bought in the app store, and now iTunes wants to wipe my iPod apps as well... I was hoping that I could get my apps automatically from my iTunes account info.

Where is the information about my apps stored? Especially the licenses, so I do not have to buy them again!! What happens if I let iTunes delete my apps, and want to download an app I have already bought?

Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot! Viktor
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    iTunes should sync back paid applications to iTunes. I'm sure you can't download them again. You can always try and cry to Apple and beg they restore them and they will. They pretend it's a special favor though.
  3. lakicsv

lakicsv New Member

I' am confused about your response. Will iTunes sync back my apps to my iPod after deleting them or not? And if not, who to contact at Apple? Did you try this yourself (i mean getting them to restore your apps)?

Thanks!
  4. Spartigus

Spartigus New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I had the same problem. Your computer will erase your ipod because it thinks you syncing to a new library, which you are.

As long as you still have your itunes account user name and password you have 2 options.
    1. You can go through all the apps on the appstore and re-downlaod them all again, the paid ones will be free.
    2. Contact apple, and they will enable your account just once, to download all your apps you brought all at once with a few quick clicks, but apple have to enable your account to do this and it only works once.