Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by c4curtis, May 6, 2012.
If I run RedSn0w on my Mac and check the Install Cydia will reinstall it?
iPhone 4 iOS 5.0.1
What's wrong with Cydia?
Well I'm sure I've got more Packages in Cydia than I actually use and I want to delete everything on there
Re-installing Cydia will not remove installed packages you'll need to remove them yourself. Use the queue feature to remove them faster.
Argh I didn't explain myself properly I know how to use that feature but I don't no which ones to delete like some of the ones I uninstall might mess up my other tweaks/apps.
Or just backup your stuff in iTunes, restore and rejailbreak.
But haven't Apple stop signing for 5.0.1 don't really want to update to 5.1 tethered lol.
You can save your SHSH blobs and APTicket with iFaith. Redsn0w and TinyUmbrella also do it, I think, but I only tried iFaith.
Okay I think I may have already done it. But I'll do it again. There must be a video on how to do this, I just want to make sure I'm alright it right before I restore and loose my Jailbreak.
1. Download and extract redsn0w 0.9.10b8
2. Open redsn0w and click Extras > SHSH blobs > Fetch, follow the instructions, and a .plist will be created in the redsn0w folder
3. Go back to Extras > SHSH blobs > Stitch, selecting the stock 5.0.1 IPSW and the plist redsn0w created
4. When it is done building, go back to Extras > Pwned DFU to get into Pwned DFU mode
5. Open iTunes and hold the SHIFT key while clicking "Restore", and browse to the IPSW redsn0w created
Separate names with a comma.