regular (weekly) itunes error

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by moonglow, Feb 2, 2010.

1. moonglow

moonglow New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I'm regularly getting the itunes error "iTunes cannot read the contents of the iPod 'moonpod'". It will run fine for about a week or so, then I go to sync and it errors out. Its a pain cause the pod still seems to work fine, music is there and working, apps etc. just can't sync/change anything...

I only really only sync with itunes to backup apps settings etc that have changed through the day, and to know my restore is up to date for when .. well when this happens!

I've got an ipod 3G (64gig) with 3.1.2 fw, itunes version is 9.0.2, jailbroken with blackra1n.

I've tried different cables and different computers, all give the same error.

Would really appreciate any assistance/advice - love the pod but having to basically rebuild the ipod setup every week or so is wearing pretty thin.

Thanks

PS - thought it was worth mentioning that it does work ok for a number of syncs in between crashing....and that I'm not asking for advice on how to restore the pod (unless someone knows a way to get my smartlists back without retyping all the settings and to resurrect the icon layout).

Thanks
  2. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    Update iTunes maybe? This can even be a hardware problem in your iPod. I sugguest going to Apple.
  3. moonglow

moonglow New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Thanks Tkf1, will see what they say.
  4. Tomgroove

Tomgroove New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    have the same problem ! and when I restore, it says error 14 and I can reset only on a different PC.
    Tried new installation of iTunes etc. as recommended by Apple. Changed USB port. Next step will be to stop any virus protection....
  5. moonglow

moonglow New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Tomgroove, did this happen consistenly, or intermittently for you?