Regarding playlists...

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by spinner2729, Feb 6, 2008.

1. spinner2729

spinner2729 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hey everyone,

I was wondering, weren't smart playlists supposed to be "fixed" in the 1.1.3 update? I heard they used to not show the correct songs, which I'm sure was a major bug. However, I just bought my touch a few days ago and upgraded to 1.1.3 immediately. Yet, I used to have a 5.5G video iPod and smart playlists didn't quite work on that firmware either. What I'm referring to is the Live Updating feature of smart playlists, which still doesn't work on the Touch. Sorting the playlists by Recently Played or some field that would actually change constantly on the iPod won't update the playlist. Why hasn't Apple addressed this issue? It really annoys me because I depend on my smart playlists a lot.

Which also brings me to a second issue. The On-the-Go playlist feature. It's awesome. But why can't we edit all our playlists directly on the iPod like that? I'd love that so much. Maybe to just move around a song I've gotten tired of being at the top. Is there any way to hack the musicplayer app to change that or something? It doesn't make sense to limit the playlist editing functionality to only on the go playlists. It doesn't help when I can't sync my on the go playlists with iTunes. It just erases it when I sync. What do you guys think?

P.S. Wow, that was a lot to type on my Touch!
  2. DxTania

DxTania Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I was thinking the same exact thing about edited playlists on the Touch! And hacking the actual playlists and naming them and stuff would be sweet.

Hopefully some genius will create it :]
  3. spinner2729

spinner2729 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    So would it be possible to hack the musicplayer app to edit playlists directly, or not? I mean, the playlist editing functionality is already there in the form of On-The-Go playlists, but that doesn't necessarily make it easier I suppose.