Refurbished ipod touch VS new

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by silverstorm, Mar 4, 2010.

1. silverstorm

silverstorm New Member

okay tell me the cons and pros about refurbished ipod touch, i know so far apple replaces the outer shell and battery the screen also depending on the condition, it has the same warranty apple care plan can be bought, its packaged with the accessories as i have learned checking out apple's site, but for some reason i am hoping there is no unseen variable that i may be missing so for you guys who have refurbs or know about them tell me. Is every thing good about it?
  2. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    So the thing is, you're buying a "like new" used product. It will look new and work like new, but at the same time, parts and pieces of the product have been used in the past.

I owned a refurb 1st generation iPod touch (I exchanged my original one for it after the battery life crashed through the basement) and it was like a new iPod touch, though.

If you were buying... it is cheaper and you get the same product, just that I expect that you might encounter more problems in a year or two.
  3. touch_iPod

touch_iPod Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    I agree with wearmaize there...

For sure, a refurbished iPod still works like a new one and in fact, before I got my iPoT, the Palm Zire 72 that I used was a refurb unit. It worked well for almost three years before it was replaced by the touch as my primary PDA.

However, one thing about refurb gadgets is the longevity. You do not know how old the innards are, or even the workable condition in the long-run. These devices can work well for a while but the chances of it crashing are equally high. Of course, if finances are tight, a refurb unit is a good choice at least until the price of new products start to fall!

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. silverstorm

silverstorm New Member

thanks for all your help, ill rather a new one then, at least i know in the long run ill still have one

Please Register or Log in to view images