Refurbished 360

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by Led, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Led

Led Banned

2. mattym

mattym New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If you look through their FAQ they speak about "surveys you fill out" so even though they have an order from, you probly have to complete "deals" afterward.
  3. eric_chaos

eric_chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    And refer 47 people to do the same thing.
  4. InaudibleWhisper

InaudibleWhisper Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    1) The phone number goes to a "voice mail box full" notice. You can't speak with anybody.

2) The domain is registered in Russia, using a United States proxy service to hide their identity.

3) It's shipping from Asia. $35 would barely cover the shipping cost, let alone the console.

4) The "FAQ" says it's cheap because you answer surveys. Yet, you don't actually answer any surveys at any point, even upon purchase.

5) You can go to their shipping tracking site and enter a completely made-up tracking number. It actually gives info (with dates adjusted) saying it was shipped, arrived, was being reviewed at customs, etc. It's completely fake info.

6) The site/domain was created just five days ago.

7) The order form collects your billing address, but NOT your shipping address. It may sound like a trivial thing, but would *every* customer want their purchase shipped to the *billing* address for the credit card used to pay? Unlikely.

It's not even a pyramid scheme, it's just a complete scam.
  5. lilbrzboi

lilbrzboi New Member

Yo look around, its a scam!
  6. b1j4nt

b1j4nt New Member

Device:
    iPod touch

Nope, this isnt that legit because you have to fill out "surveys" and refer people, it says so in the faq. It's not worth it, normally refurbished units are $200 at the lowest from buy.com
  7. Clownassasin

Clownassasin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    well, i know it sounds stupid
    but....
    if yo look at the bottom of the page, the site is certified by godaddy.com which everyone should know is safe
  8. InaudibleWhisper

InaudibleWhisper Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Did you even read my post? Tell me how a site which hides behind a proxy, has a fake phone number, a fake tracking system that pretends to give you relevant information, has a literally too good to be true price and offers it due to surveys which are none-existent is legit. They also have agents out on gaming message board's like GameFAQ pretending to be customers saying "Yeah they're legit. I bought something from them months ago and it arrived perfectly" despite the fact that the site has only existed 5 days.

GoDaddy does not guarantee that they send you the console, it guarantee's that your transaction is unhackable and safe. Unfortunately that will be a one way transaction; they get your money, you get nothing.
  9. xALeXzx

xALeXzx Active Member

BTW even if is a scam or not isnt a good deal buy a used xbox anyways. You dont know how near is to the RROD LOL.

Now some wall mart stores are selling early the new xbox bundle with 60GB hardrive, i need to change my 20Gb one is just 3Gb left D:
  10. RenegadeKrogan

RenegadeKrogan Banned

Scam. You would probably have to fill out more offers like joining blockbuster for a year and in the end you would still be paying up to the amount of a 360.