Refreshing taking F-O-R-E-V-E-R!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by jchaike, Jan 30, 2008.

1. jchaike

jchaike Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i am on jailbroken 1.1.2--and whneever I refresh my sources in installer, it takes forever to refresh--like 8 minutes. I am right near my router, and its a wireless-N router...whats wrong??
  2. robcoffee

robcoffee New Member

I have had this tonight as well, my broadband is 2gig and normally refresh takes about a minute, tonite I tried three times and each time I gave up after 10 minutes. I suspect one of the sources is either down or overloaded.
  3. comley16

comley16 New Member

sme here, its reli startin to annoy me seein as tho i had to upgrade to 1.1.2 becuz installer doesnt work properly in 1.1.1 so i have to get my sources bk n it takes ages
  4. grizzjr1

grizzjr1 Member

5. Sickly_slick

Sickly_slick New Member

well a simple way to overcome the refreshing problem is this:
    turn off wifi
    open installer (it'll say cannot refresh source after... 5 seconds?)
    exit installer
    turn on wifi
    go back to installer (i believe it will not update again, mine doesnt)
    go install w/e you want

but... if you want to see some updates on your favourite apps, then i guess you have to refresh by going to sources tab
  6. jchaike

jchaike Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    like my problem has been happening for a few days now--ever since I started messing around trying to intall 1.1.3 (starting with NateTrue's release)
    And I downgraded and restored so much, I am starting to think that may be the problem >.< ='[
  7. drakness

drakness New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    ugh... there are things i want to download off of the IPTF source that i've just given up on.
    it has to be by far the slowest thing ever.
    5meg highspeed should be able to download a 1.2mb pretty much right away... but instead it takes 30mins. not right at all.
    i appreciate the source being there... and it's VERY nice when it runs at an acceptable speed... but something needs to be done.
  8. Sir Brane Damuj

Sir Brane Damuj New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Because I have no life, I narrowed it down to this repository, the iPodtouchfans repository, to be the one causing the problem. I deleted every single source except it, and it always hangs. Just to be sure, I also deleted it and it then works fine.
  9. steaky

steaky New Member

Well, that sort of sucks doesnt it! Can this be fixed?
  10. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Yes, the iPodTouchFans repository does cause some slow refreshes. Although I am getting less traffic due to the fact that Installer refreshes once a day, it is weighted down by putting the Soft Upgrade onto the repo. I have removed the package, and removed the Soft Upgrade from my repo, as Upgrade.app works perfectly well.

Since Upload speeds are running at full speed, I am hoping that download speeds will regulate themselves in a few days. If not, then I will be making some phone calls.

What worries me is that I'm currently only using 10% of my alloted bandwidth, yet I'm having these issues. I'd hate to have to switch hosting companies.