refresh stoped working

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by FrankDaTank089, Feb 2, 2008.

1. FrankDaTank089

FrankDaTank089 New Member

ok, well haven't added any sources lately and tried to open up installer earlier, and it just completly stops when it gets halfway through refreshing. Is there a source down or something? I only have like 2 extra sources I think (and installed the latest community sources from installer as well). And even if it was down, after a while wouldn't it just skip it?

any ideas on whats going on and how to fix this. like it has been sitting stuck in the middle for a good 20-30 minutes now but the refresh circle thing up next to the wifi bars is still circling around, so I know its not jammed.
  2. makaveldon04i

makaveldon04i New Member

why are you spamming...sometimes you have to figure out sh*t on your own, like i did when my ip on my ipod wouldnt come out right...im having problems with my refreshing too, and i think i might've found a solution, i still have to test it
  3. FrankDaTank089

lol spamming. what the hell. i put a link up, because i realized it was in wrong section before. but ill change it for you. lol, the link didnt lead to a site where you can buy dildos or get a free ps3 did it?

and as for figure it out on my own, if its something wrong with one of the sources, and installer isn't set to skip a dead source when refreshing, then there really isn't a lot i can personally do about that.
  4. makaveldon04i

makaveldon04i New Member

well, i ment in the other topic, you posted like 3 times in a row before anyone ever replied to you is what i ment

plus edit:ignore me if im being an asshole which i am, im grumpy as f*** cause i had to stay up until 4 in the morning to figure out what happened with my ipods wifi
  5. FrankDaTank089

its all good man. and I wouldn't be in such a rush to get it fixed, but i just spent like 4 hours trying to get this repo code built, and i can't even test to see if it works because installer isn't working.
  6. makaveldon04i

makaveldon04i New Member

let it refresh...it takes even 15 minutes sometimes..just let it sit there, a lot of people are having problems with the sources now though....also, search around for an older version of installer, and replace the new Installer.app with an older version through SSH
  7. FrankDaTank089

ill try that, and as for the let it sit there, lol, i let it sit there for up to 40 minutes earlier. and what even sucks more, is im trying to test a repo, which means im going to need to be refreshing it more than once, probably a few times.

edit: well its official, everyone complains about people not searching, well the search on this site completly sucks! lol, I couldn't find the app anywhere to ssh in, just a bunch of people complaining about problems with installer.