Reebot Device problem...

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by 66yyhhnn66, Aug 24, 2010.

1. 66yyhhnn66

66yyhhnn66 New Member

Hi,I'm new here and I own a jailbreaked iPod Touch 8GB MC Model running the 4.0 iOS.
    I installed Cydia,installed some apps from it,and when I got to Winterboard it asked me to "Reboot Device".While I was afraid that i won't be able to get past the Recovery Mode without restoring,instead of pressing the "Reboot Device" button,i pressed the Home Screen button.I saw Winterboard installed on my Springboard;I was happy.
    Then,i tried to install some themes off of Cydia,but when I check them in Winterboard,nothing happens.And yes,I do press the "Respring" button in Winterboard after checking the theme.And yes,I tried several themes,but not even those themes that comes with Winterboard works.
    Now I wanna reinstall the Winterboard,hoping this will fix my problem,and I'm well i'll have to press the "Reboot Device" this time.

So,the questions afterall is: After I press the Reboot Device and I get into the Recovery Mode,can I do something to bypass that Recovery Mode without restoring my iPod?

Thanks you and sorry for making this such a long story ^^
  2. iBricked

iBricked Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Which recovery mode? If you are using snowbreeze which is a pwn not jb you plug it into the computer and run ibooty and boot it and restore will not be necessary
  3. RandomEskimo

RandomEskimo Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    If you used jailbreakme then reboot will be fine. Just ignore the rainbow line and swirly.
  4. 66yyhhnn66

66yyhhnn66 New Member

But wouldn't it ask me to "Connect with iTunes",then when i connect with itunes,it'll require me to restore the iPod?
  5. NoJoDeL

NoJoDeL New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    No. Since you are using an untethered jailbreak you can reboot your iPod without any problems.
  6. acfman17

acfman17 Active Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Yeah you can turn it off and it will reboot normally but there will be some extra stuff(like loading icons and pixelation on the reboot screen wihh the apple logo.
  7. Airion

Airion Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Jailbreakme.com doesn't use overlay images, so it's normal for the rainbow line and the wheel, so just ignore it.