Redsnow More Trouble Than It's Worth?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by SpasticPat, Feb 5, 2009.

1. SpasticPat

SpasticPat Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Ok, I have a 2g 32gb Touch like it says by by sn. After redsnow tethered was released, it seems, obviously, that like a ton of people have flocked to jailbreak their ipod touch 2g's and a million people have written on here with, OMFG I DONT KNOW WHAT I DID, IS MY IPOD DEAD? DID I SCREW SOMETHING UP WTF IS WRONG WITH MY IPOD?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!(something like that lol). Anyways, is it really worth it to jailbreak? I mean yeah you can customize the theme and get cracked apps (no I am NOT advocating getting cracked apps because it's illegal on this forum and I'd only get them to test them before buying like others have stated), but really is it worth the trouble? Is it normal to have all these problems with your Ipod or are all these people posting OMG threads just noobs/dumb who don't know wtf they're doing? So what I'm really asking is all of you guys' opinions on jailbreaking. At least for now that is. Do you think it would be wise to wait for the untethered and that an untethered would have less problems? Thank you for your replies, I look forward to hearing what you have to say.
  2. Feud

Feud New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I held off on jailbreaking too but then decided to take the plunge and yeah, it's worth it just for Winterboard alone.

Please Register or Log in to view images

The only problem I had during JBing was getting my iPod into DFU mode, I've found that it's pretty machine-dependent with the timing of the buttons and such.

I don't have any cracked apps and quite honestly don't see a need for any, there's enough free stuff available through the various Cydia repos.

*goes back to making his iPod look a zillions times better than it did before*

Please Register or Log in to view images

EDIT - Oh, to answer you specifically about the tethered/untethered - I only rebooted once (after Winterboard install) and it was easy to reapply the JB. In the past I rarely rebooted either so that isn't an issue for me.

If you're worried about problems later one when/if an untethered JB becomes available, you can always restore before you do so.