Redsnow failed on me once again!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by jailbreak123, Feb 26, 2009.

1. jailbreak123

jailbreak123 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So I was putting a new font and it just crashes.I was like okay I'll have to boot it up so i go to boot it and once again my ipod boots and iTunes recognizes it but it just stays at the boot logo after syncing.This has happened twice and I hate restoring is their an easy way to get all my stuff back?I had aptbackup and clicked backup and how do i get it all back?Help is much appreciated!!!

P.S:My sisters ipod is jailbroken and it boots fine but just today after like 5 minutes of being boot it just turns off.This is getting really annoying and im thinking of just not jailbreaking.Thanks in advance.
  2. NeSEncHo

NeSEncHo Active Member

In what way are you replacing the font? I would rather use a WinterBoard theme to change the fonts. Though FontSwap works fine for me on redsn0w.

If you had backed up your Cydia stuff with aptbackup, then you must have created a backup of your iPod in iTunes. If you didn't backup before and can't do it now, you are out of luck unless you can find the file it creates with SSH, if you can't ssh, then you are truly out of luck.

Once you have restored and re-jailbroken, restore the backup to the iPod. After, install aptbackup then use it to re-install all your stuff.

Note: This is only to what I understand from others' experiences and from what I can read from the information, as I have never had to use it.
  3. jailbreak123

jailbreak123 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    thanks man so i can restore with my ipod when I restore?Im still confused with apt backup.I can ssh but when I restore and rejailbreak because my ipod wont turn on.
  4. NeSEncHo

NeSEncHo Active Member

Basically once you have made a backup with aptbackup, backup your iPod with iTunes.

Then restore to a normal firmware and then re jailbreak.

Then open iTunes, right click your iPod in the left sidebar, and select restore from backup.

After that is done, install aptbackup from Cydia. Open it and I think it will ask if you want to use that backup. Not sure about this step, as I haven't used it.
  5. cocoapple

cocoapple New Member

what happened was springboards' font cache doesn't match up with the font you replaced. This happened to me and I was able to revert back to the original using SSH.