RedSnow - Completed - Ipod won't turn on

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by -sun, Mar 26, 2009.

1. -sun

-sun New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi Everyone,

I just completed the jailbreak using unofficialsnow. I managed to work my way through all of the steps through to completeion.

However, the ipod won't turn on. Is there something i need to do to make it turn on. i've tried the forced reboot by holding the power plus home key for 10 seconds. When i do it while it is plugged in the computer recognized that the device turns off and back on. However the computer says USB device not recognized.

Any clues as what i can do. Ive done the jailbreak twice with the same result.

-sun
  2. vannmann

vannmann New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    hold both buttons and wait for "device not recognized" to disappear and then just hold the home button and wait for a chime. you will then be in DFU again. after that i would use quickfreedom and look for a youtube tutorial.
  3. jamil_d

jamil_d Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    You're on a tethered jailbreak. This means that at every boot, you have to launch a booter, such as Decovery, to boot it.
    After you boot, you can proceed with using QuickFreedom to get the untethered jailbreak.
  4. -sun

-sun New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks

Hi guys,

Thanks for the responses. I don't think that i was on a tethered JB. I used the following method: Red

However, after I posted, I did use the freedom GUI and it worked perfectly. Thanks for the help! Now I gotta run to work (i'm so late!)

-sun
  5. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You probably didn't include the 24kpwn LLB in your custom firmware. Just my first guess.
  6. mgiljum

mgiljum New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I would simply recommend restoring to original firmware and using Quickfreedom - seems a little more user friendly. the link's in my sig
  7. Keifer

Keifer New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey sorry for reading this a bit late but i just tried to jailbreak on my 3.0 software using redsn0w and it said it was about to reboot but didnt.

Instead it dont even turn on but when i try to, my PC does play the USB connected chime and it says USB not recognised...

I'd say this ipod is officially, f***ed?

Any suggestions.
    Ive tried the DPU recovery and all them other methods, i just dont know what to do.

The screen just stays constantly black.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Nevermind, i fixed.
  8. obliviouz

obliviouz New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Same problem.....

Im having the same problem and now i can't turn on my ipod..... it keeps on trying to but just keeps on rebooting... how did you fix this problem?
  9. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S

Don't bump old threads. Look at the date, and read the rules.