Redsn0w Video Tutorial Using Phoenix_1018's Method on Windows

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by kylio86, Feb 7, 2009.

1. kylio86

kylio86 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey Everyone...

I have decided to make a tutorial video on how to jailbreak the iPod touch 2g using Phoenix_1018's method. The purpose of this video is to give everyone who is doing this jailbreak a visual as to how each step looks and to try and make the process easier.

PART 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lthb2vP8AOM

PART 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMcHFJww7DY

****Credit:

Phoenix_1018: for creating the jailbreak.zip file containing the .bat files required for this jailbreak

Dev-Team: For creating the Jailbreak
  2. pepepr08

pepepr08 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    thank you for this
  3. kylio86

kylio86 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    No Problem....
  4. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Thanks kylio! Great job
  5. pheonix_1018

pheonix_1018 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I just wanted to say that you no longer have to move that file anymore and i have changed a few other things.
    So this video is no longer entirely accurate.
    I also dont appreciate that you linked a custom firmware in the description.

It's not that I really care, I just dont like my jailbreak method being explained inaccurately.

Other than that I appreciate your efforts to make the jailbreak process easier for first timers.
  6. kylio86

kylio86 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Point well taken. The only reason I had said that was because in my personal experience of jailbreaking I had to have that file in that directory or else it wouldn't work. That may have been just for me, but I put it in there just in case anyone else had the same problems as me.

Also, I do apologize for linking the CustomFW but I was going through the forums and alot of people were having a problem creating that file in any tutorial (I had problems myself) so I thought it would be a good idea to just have that link available. But again I do apologize for "editing" your JB process in that way, and that I meant no dis-respect for doing it, only because your JB was the only one that worked for me which was easy. Thanks again BTW.
  7. njustin

njustin New Member

Can I restore to Official Firmware Afterwards?

If I were to try the jailbreak with this method, can I still restore the ipod to original official apple firmware afterwards, or does one of the patches prevent this? I know there is a lot of risk, but I want to be able to put the Apple firmware back on if I dont like the tethered jailbreak.

Thank You for the help.
  8. bolsontanker

bolsontanker New Member

Thank you so much!!!! :-D It works great, fantastic directions and resource!