redsn0w stops, Help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0 Jailbreak' started by Wyatt2987, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Wyatt2987

Wyatt2987 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I finally found the 3.0 firmware file. But now when I go into redsn0w, it always freezes after the "second stage" and is stuck on "waiting for reboot". My ipod screen remains off. Nothing comes up. I tried it multiple time. Do I have a bad download or something? What's suppose to happen?
  2. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

What version are you trying to use? What's your OS? Did you select Icy?
  3. andybno2

andybno2 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    best method that I use is to turn the iPod off before using redsn0w, point to the firmware and just before you click next to start the jailbreak get ready to hold the power button down first as it instructs..... took me two/three attemptes before I clocked on to step 1...... nice to have warning

Please Register or Log in to view images

so yeh follow all that then when you get to the step right before hitting next to do power and home buttons have your finger ready on the power button and when you click next hold the power button down first for 2/3 seconds as it instructs then the home and power buttons for as long as instructed then the home button on it's own as instructed and hopefully it will work.

EDIT: don't install icy either it's just not worth it as it's just a cydia clone and not really needed
  4. xenorecor

xenorecor New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    What he said ^ i just put into DFU right away because oo past expierences.
  5. Wyatt2987

Wyatt2987 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I finally figured it out. Who ever wrote the stickied directions should be shot. I had to watch the little video.