RedSn0w not Working. Please read Inside

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by Pankie, Jun 7, 2009.

1. Pankie

Pankie New Member

Hi there, this is my first time posting and I appreciate anyones help / advice.

I download the redsn0w jailbreaker and followed the instructions. It went through all of the steps no problem until it came time to reboot. It sat in the load screen for about 11 hours, every 2-3 minutes the screen would turn white, then black and back to the apple logo and my computer would chyme, recognizing new hardware.

I got back online and read until I learned that I needed to downgrade my ituned from 8.2 to 8.1.1

So I did, and plugged my ipod back. I then ran redsn0w again and it went through the steps no problem. Its been 5 hours now that my ipod's been in the apple screen and I'm positive this is not going to work.

I really was trying to avoid restoring my Ipod. I have put a lot of time into downloading my ap's and to reconfig them all would be a downer.

Does anyone know whats going on? And If I can save it somehow? The redsn0w has worked for tons of people so I'm not sure what the deal is, perhaps its my Ipod that was synced with 8.2 and won't jailbreak now. So I might have to restore it with 8.1.1 ??

Any help would be greatly appreciated
  2. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    have you tried puttin it into DFU mode again and attempting to jailbreak it again. If that doesn't help just DFU+Restore
  3. Pankie

Pankie New Member

Yeah, After it took 11 hours I tried to jailbreak it again. I DFU'd it and installed the redsn0w. Exact same process.

I then downgraded to 8.1.1 and DFU + Redsn0w'd.

Still in the apple screen now ><

I would like to try to do this without restoring and erasing all of my music / app's, which is what DFU + Restoring will do won't it?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Okay so now I am trying to restore my Ipod. I hold power and home to put it into the boot screen..

I run itunes, it recognized my ipod but then freezes.. and is unusable.. Am I f**cked.. How can I restore it now
  4. Thor Erik

Thor Erik New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    but you got a backup of them on your local pc

Please Register or Log in to view images

so the only issue is time.

anyways, doubt there is any other way really.
  5. Pankie

Pankie New Member

I have the latest itunes installed. I just downloaded and installed it. I put it in DFU mode to restore but it says software for this ipod is not available and I need the latest version of itunes to do anything..

I try when not in DFU mode and it just disconnects and reconnects periodically so I can't do anything..

Wtf
  6. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Do a full restore to 2.2.1 and redo redsn0w.
  7. Pankie

Pankie New Member

Im trying to restore it but itunes keep freezing during restore or says that my ipod has been disconnected. I think I might have it this time
    I tried to restore it, it finally got through. it started restoring it hit 100% and then itunes froze and 10 mins later told me it encountered an error
    Am I bricked or what?