Redsn0w Help please?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by riukoy, Apr 30, 2009.

1. riukoy

riukoy New Member

well first off im new to here this is my first post and hi nice to meet you all.
    Well i just got my first ipod yesterday(yaaaaa!!!!) and im wanting to jailbreak it.

now i have read on here that redsn0w is the easiest and is pretty fast but im kinda dumb(idiotic) when it comes to somestuff on the computer now when i bring up redsn0w.com i click on the windows one and it downloads it Should it be downloaded as a limewire type file?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    heres a little bit more info when i click on it it opens up limewire and starts dowloading it
    also i was looking at the guide for windows user where you use reds0wlite but do you need winzip for it?
  2. Zorawar R23

Zorawar R23 New Member

Try using the "Search" button on the forums, they have answers to everything and guides..
  3. thekodanator

thekodanator Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I used Quickfreedom and it worked for me....
  4. dudeofswim

dudeofswim New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    search
    +
    1. Yes
    2. Yes
    3. Yes ( or use windows defualt extracotr
  5. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Just run the .exe that you downloaded and put your iPod into DFU Mode. Then it should start and you will be done in a few minutes
  6. riukoy

riukoy New Member

Nevermind about that, just googled it, but so once i have it downloaded from limewire i plug my ipod in and wat?
  7. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    DFU: DFU, or Device Firmware Upgrade mode, allows the S5L8900 to be restored from any state. It resides in the VROM and is vulnerable to the pwnage 2.0 exploit. In other words... its like Recovery Mode, but used if your iPod/iPhone is "severe" condition.

Hold power and home for 10 seconds, exactly.
    Then let go of the power button and keep holding the home button for another 10-30 seconds. You should let go of home after your iPod gets recognized by iTunes. It should say something about an iPod being in Recovery Mode and having to be restored, but the screen will be black.
  8. riukoy

riukoy New Member

ok so but how exactly do you jailbreak your ipod this is what im stuck on you download it in limewire then open it then what?
    ok so i guess i need winzip(>.<) is there anyway to get another trial version OR do i have to buy it this time? or how do i use the windows defualt extractor?
    ok nevermind i got it extracted, but it brings up a command prompt and that CAN anyone help me from here? it says connect it through DFU mode to the computer how exactly do i do this(i will google search it but a post would be nice to

Please Register or Log in to view images

ok im going to be happy to say that i figured it out and that it is going on the part where it has the pineaple on the ipod and is "installing bundles" so thanks for your guys help
  9. muffinza192

muffinza192 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    congrats
    see all u need to know is a little about computers and stuff and ur done
    very easy