redsn0w Demonstration Announced!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by Germany, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Germany

Germany Banned

Breaking News:

MuscleNerd's Twitter page has just been updated. Look here to see the iPod Touch 2g Jailbreaking demonstration:
    http://qik.com/musclenerd

Please Register or Log in to view images

Here is a message on the Dev Team's Blog:

Update 3: It looks like we’ll do the Qik broadcast on Saturday afternoon (California time). It’ll be announced through MuscleNerd’s twitter. Unfortunately the Qik chatroom seems unmanageable, with no way to control the nicknames being used. So we’ll avoid it altogether — nobody on the Qik chat claiming to be us is actually us, so please don’t be fooled.

A tool for us to Jailbreak the 2g iPod Touch has not been released as of yet, but be looking for one in the next few days. Understand that the iPod Touch 2g has been jailbroken by the Dev Team. It would just be nearly impossible for most of us to manually do it. Please be patient and thank the Dev Team for all of their work.

To see their blog, go Here.
  2. Mchief298

Mchief298 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    if they have to find a way to get rid of the "tether" as they put it, it may take a bit longer than a few days
  3. -Kerrigan-

-Kerrigan- New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yea, it's not like they're only trying to make the method simpler, they haven't made a "real" jailbreak yet.
  4. MisuzuKamio

MisuzuKamio New Member

It's over, iPod Touch 2G is finished
  5. I touch My Ipod

I touch My Ipod New Member

Your wrong.

Its jailbroken, it just needs the patch everytime the ipod touch reboots / startsup, I mean why not just release that right now? we can press a button everytime we start the ipod to tide us over

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. Mchief298

Mchief298 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    because, you have to be with your computer apparently.
  7. -Kerrigan-

-Kerrigan- New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Not really, who would want to have to have a computer with you every time you restart it? I would rather have no jailbreak.
  8. Germany

Germany Banned

Do you call having Cydia, Nes, and all the other Jailbroken Applications that MuscleNerd showed not a "real" jailbreak? They have it jailbroken, they just need to create a tool the will patch everytime you boot it. It's jailbroken, but the everyday person does not have the skills to manually do it.
  9. forever_8

forever_8 New Member

Its absolutely a 100% real jailbreak...I say that 90% of the work is done...only 10% is left...
  10. Fenderboy

Fenderboy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I agree