redsn0w crashing when start the jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by Gal271, Jul 4, 2009.

1. Gal271

Gal271 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    hello
    i got the last ipod touch firmware version, 3.0
    When i'm trying to jailbreaking the iPod with redsn0w
    it's crashing
    the progress is
    open redsn0w sucessfully > open the firmware > click next > pop-up window of start jailbreak - connecting to server...
    and then the redsn0w is crashing with don't send window..
    i got Windows XP SP3, and i'm sorry if i got some mistakes on my english beacuse i'm not american or else..
    thank's for help everyone! gal.
  2. gojohnnyboi

gojohnnyboi Well-Known Member

I'm not positive, but I'm guessing the problem lies with either your operating system, or your internet connection. Do you have some program that blocks internet connections from certain applications, like a firewall? My guess is that they were in such a hurry when coding redsn0w that they didn't account for the fact that the connection to Apple might fail, meaning that a crash would result if not handled.
  3. Gal271

Gal271 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    dude the redsn0w is portable, not with install =\ so i cant to down the firewall block but if the firewall is off the problem is continued =\
    so problem is not in firewall
  4. TreyRust

TreyRust New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    hmm...

you know, its probably not the problem... but you could have got a bad copy of redsn0w?...

I would try and download it again from say another mirror before I did anything drastic like reinstalling windows...

yeah, I know, very bad advice... but its all I could think of... and google didn't really help that much... will probably do more searching
  5. sashavol

sashavol New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You have to use Redsn0w 0.7 if it crashes for you. 0.7.1 is very buggy and seems to crash always for me. I used redsn0w 0.7 and everything worked out fine.
    Redsn0w 0.7: http://www.[PIRACY.mf].com/?znokymkimyg
    I'm not the one that uploaded that btw.
  6. TreyRust

TreyRust New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    hmmm, a superior post!

I knew it had to be something sorta like that... just do not know much about redsn0w versions...
  7. Gal271

Gal271 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    look bro i'm try to download from alot another's source's.. like 3 or 4 sources and i try to download the 0.7,0.7.1,0.7.2 so i try all the versions and it's not helped to me..

Look i'm tried the all versions from another sources and its crashing for me again and again so that's not the problem
    someone need to say that for Dev-Team!

ah?

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. suren007

suren007 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ok guys, it worked, I jailbroke my iPod touch 3.0 2nd Gen on redsn0w 0.7 here how to do it:

http://[PIRACY.tb].org/*******/4961913/iPod.Touch.2G_3.0.firmware.update_-Ibanez

Download

Then open redsn0w 0.7!!! NOT 0.8!!!. As it comes to the DFU screen, do next:
    1st Phase: It says press power button for 4 seconds, DO NOT DO IT. 1st, wait till it comes to phase 2
    2nd Phase: MAKE SURE YOUR IPOD IS OFF Press and hold Power and Home button for 10 sec
    3rd Phase: Release Power, but hold Home button for 30 sec (count it). Even if it starts rebooting, DO NOT LEAVE THE BUTTON, till you count to 30!!!!!

Now, leave your iPod touch alone for 15-30 min, DO NOT TOUCH IT TILL IT'S DONE JAILBREAKING!

Hope it helps. Again: If you got into DFU mode, press Home and Power and wait till it comes back!

P.S. This method works on Windows and Mac, (it should work with Ubuntu)

-Sincerely

- iH4ckers TM Suren -