RedSn0w bricked touch???

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by stefanogalizia, Feb 5, 2009.

1. stefanogalizia

stefanogalizia New Member

Hi all,
    i've almost completed jailbreaking of my touchd but i don't know why now the device seems bricked. Follow what i did:

1.Downloaded the redsnow pack and the FW 2.2.1 and put it in core dir, renaming as OriginalFW.ipsw
    2. Installed libusb driver (with test tool i can see my ipod connected)
    3. Performed step 1 FileSystemPatch which produced file JailbrokenFW.ipsw (SO ALL OK)
    4. Performed ste 2 JailBreack preparation (ALL OK, i've put also two commands arm7_go and arm7_stop)
    5. uploaded jailbroken FW through Itunes (clicking shift on restore) (ALL OK at the end, with progress bar and the apple logo on the screen during upload, itunes said "your ipod was updated please don't disconnect BLA BLA BLA this message disappear in 6..5...4....seconds --AS NORMAL FW).

after last step the ipod went in black screen and now it is not recognized neither from itunes nor from libusb test prog and i'm not able to perform the last step "iboot". I tried to hold home+power button and then releasing power and keeping home but nothing the ipod seems DEAD.

Can someone, please, help me?

Thanks
  2. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    you can not brick an ipod touch with redsn0w, just keep trying to get it into DFU mode, and once you do use 1click boot, the best boot helper
  3. stefanogalizia

Thanks,
    but i can i go in DFU??? If i hold home+power for 10 second then release power keeping home for 5 seconds the touch still not recognized and remains in black screen
  4. Elibelly

Elibelly New Member

I thought it happened to me too. Hold power and home then let go of power and hold home till u hear the bipblip of itunes recognizing the iPod then proceed from there
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    If u really really get stuck use the redsh0w GUI. It saves alot of time and effort
  5. stefanogalizia

Thanks,
    now it is in DFU..going to perform last step keep you update...
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    GREAT, it is working with CYDIA....thanks all