Redsn0w Beta Questions Please Read!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by DarkKnIgHt007, May 15, 2009.

1. DarkKnIgHt007

DarkKnIgHt007 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok if anyone saw my other post like this im sorry I forgot to include most of my important questions. ( I had to go lol)

Ok so I have been waiting for the official Quickpwn for like 4 months now and I still havent done any jailbreaking. I cannot wait any longer and I would like to use the Redsn0w 0.3 becuz it looks super easy.
    So i got some questions-
    1) Is it better if I restore before I do this? I already got rid of all of my apps (except 4) But I still have music and video
    2) I have seen many people having trouble with this- from problems before the reboot to problems during the reboot. I have seen people whose ipods wont reboot and they say its bricked (which it most likely isnt) If any problems happen can I just DFU restore?
    3)Is there ANY way my ipod will brick and remain bricked
    4) How long should the restore take?
    5) Does LogoMe work efficently? (on 0.3)
    6) is this as close as quickpwn will get for now? How long do u predict that the Quickpwn OFFICIAL (nonbeta) will come out?
    7) what is the best place to download it from? I dont have *******s which Youtube videos should i get the links from?
    8) I dont have a vista or a very new computer. I have A Home Prof XP. DOes this matter? Is there any mode I have to put it in?

Thanks guys i want to jailbreak so bad.
    Again sorry for the repost
  2. Ipwnnubletz

Ipwnnubletz Banned

3. BMM1993

BMM1993 New Member

1) You don't need to restore. redsnow_beta0.3 Basically adds the jail-break into it, leaving you your stats, music, movies and photos!
    2) I have done this on over twenty iPod Touchs 1st & 2nd Generation, without any troubles. Regardless, if it fails, you can do the jail-break again, just un-plug, DFU mode, then do as you did before!
    3) Hmm... As far as I know, I don't think so. It's not a tethered jail-break, it's un-tethered and rather simple!
    4) You don't do the restore. Plug in iPod Touch, put it in DFU Mode, open redsnow_beta0.3, run program, after jail-break is done un-plug and download some themes or whatever! DON'T NEED TO RESTORE!
    5) Yes! Here are the two things that you must know: You must let it finish flashing the new boot logo before you even touch it! Wait until 10 minutes to make sure, otherwise you'll have to put into DFU mode and re-jailbreak. & for some reason, you can only use images that have been directly saved from your iPod or screenshots.
    6) This is as simple as pie, DFU and press enter once or twice and it's done!
    7) You don't need *******s or youtube videos! in this very board "2G JB" and find the link yourself!
    8) Doesn't make one bit of a difference.

Now, enjoy jailbreaking!

Must have apps:
    SBSettings
    Winterboard
    LogoMe
  4. DarkKnIgHt007

DarkKnIgHt007 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    sorry i meant how long does the reboot take after the pineapple logo thing/bar
  5. shiben589

shiben589 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    my responses are in bold
  6. redsn0wshoes

redsn0wshoes New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Wow, three hours without someone saying you can BR1XX0R3d it...

oh well, they'll still say it prolly.
  7. jjkraak

jjkraak New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well I used it twice now, and twice my itouch got stuck at the apple logo after rebooting

Please Register or Log in to view images

. Does anybody have any idea what to do about this?? I can't use any of the other jailbreak utilities because of the 160x error, and yes I read the tutorials but they don't help

8. DarkKnIgHt007

DarkKnIgHt007 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch

thanks for the help^^^ I jailbroke mine. To answer your question I suggest redownloading Redsn0w then rebooting the computer after you downloaded it. I had trouble and this fixed it. And for the reboot problem this is a common error. I deleted every single one of my apps except 4 important ones so i had plenty of space. It is easier for the ipod to boot up when there is less apps and games.
  9. jjkraak

jjkraak New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok tnx

But do you mean by that that I should never have many apps on my ipod when I plan to reboot or think my battery will run dry?? Cause that would by quite annoying