REDSN0W Beta O'Clock Version [0.3]

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by steven_chi, Apr 12, 2009.

1. steven_chi

steven_chi New Member

Device:
    iPhone
  2. jellixiz

jellixiz New Member

awesome, let see.
  3. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Here, did you guys even look through the forums?
  4. steven_chi

steven_chi New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    sorry, I did look at the topics but didnt find any 0.3 ones (only 0.2)

the title on that one still says 0.2 soo i didnt know. sorry.
  5. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    It's okay, and to answer your question, yes I did use redsn0w 0.3 and it worked flawlessly
  6. AmazingNachos

AmazingNachos Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i just read planet's post about LogoMe. does that mean i will have to rejailbreak?!
  7. steven_chi

steven_chi New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    alright thanks, 1 more question. What is the cons of using this one instead of the libusb quickfreedom one? What isn't working on this version?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Ya that's what i was thinking. I'm considering using quickfreedom over this one because it sounds like a lot of things arnt working yet and i dont want to restore everytime a new version comes out.
  8. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It does exactly what QuickFreedom does, just less of a chance of messing up.
    You 'might' have problems if you don't restore back to 2.2.1, but I'd just try re-jailbreaking with QuickPwn without restoring. I did it twice, and nothing messed up for mine.
  9. steven_chi

steven_chi New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    So you mean if version 0.4 comes out tmr i don't have to delete my or restore when i used 0.3 today. I can just directly hack it to 0.4 without a restore?

if you dont understand. I mean like wat this guy said:

rxyankee:
    Hey there, I have a "sort of" dumb question. If I want to rejailbreak to the newer versions of redsn0w, can I just run the program on the existing jailbroken (v0.1) ipod? Or, do I have to do a restore then do a fresh jailbreak? Thanks in advance!

thanks
  10. andrew!

andrew! New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You're pretty close to posting absolute nonsense. It doesn't do the same thing as Quickfreedom, it has the same idea but not the same. There's no higher chance of messing up if you use QuickFreedom rather than QuickPwn. You won't have problems with it if don't restore, it was made so you DON'T need a restore.

QuickFreedom patches an ipsw and applies the redsnow patch to the iPod. Then a restore to the custom ipsw is needed.
    QuickPwn applies the same patches to the iPod but it also applies a ramdisk which then flashes the NOR straight from the iPod. A restore is not needed.

There is absolutely no difference in danger of messing up between the two. You can't brick an iPod touch 2G.

EDIT: And I completely agree, time does fly...