Redsn0w beta 0.3 cutoff problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by redsnow, May 11, 2009.

1. redsnow

redsnow New Member

Ok I have tryed jailbreaking on a few computers and none have worked so far this is what I do:

1) plug my iPod in
    2) start redsn0w
    3) turn iPod off and put it in dfu
    4) after count down thing the redsn0w window just closes and nothing happens to my ipod

How do I fix this?

I tryed on my 32 bit vista with wireless Internet and I tryed on a windows xp neither one worked

Pls help

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. ITisNeil

ITisNeil New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Um you plug ipod. Put it into DFU mode then you start redsn0w 0.3!
  3. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It doesn't really matter if you start it first or start it after.
    But I would just put your iPod into DFU Mode first and then open redsn0w.exe It won't do the DFU Countdown.
  4. famine

famine New Member

I have this problem as well, when I put the ipod touch into dfu mode, hitting any key does not work. It just displays the key I have hit.

I solved my problem hopefully it will help someone else.

You need itunes installed and then put the Ipod into DFU mode

1) open device manager, either by right clicking on computer, and then clicking manage, and then finally on device manager, or by typing
    devmgmt.msc in the search (or run) box on the bottom of the start menu and hitting enter.

2) find the ipod, it (should) be listed under digital cameras (or something to that effect), right click it and choose "update driver software"

3) choose "browse my computer for driver software"

4) for the location (you must have itunes already installed) use C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers (substitute C: for whatever your system drive letter is) and click next, windows should find the CORRECT driver in that location and proceed to update the driver

5) after the update is complete click finish to close the dialog box, then unplug the ipod and plug it back in. itunes should now recognize the ipod.

Try this.

Credit to Jimmy Maz

http://www.ipodtouchforum.com/support/1438-ipod-touch-comes-up-usb-device-not-recognized.html