redsn0w and DFU

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by xcdjy, May 11, 2009.

1. xcdjy

xcdjy Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I was planning on jailbreaking again (with redsno0w this time). Well, attempting, anyway. Just needed some questions answered first though, if someone wouldn't mind

Please Register or Log in to view images

1.) How do I know I'm in DFU? I tried to jailbreak with quickfreedom, but it said iPod not connected when I tried to DFU it. Does the iTunes logo come up, or does the iPod just stay black?

2.) Does redsn0w download anything off the internet? I have a slightly crap internet connection (we've ordered new), and if it tries to download off the net, it'd probably cut out knowing my luck.

3.) Any problems I might face, or other tips? Any tips for me, or problems that I might face?

Cheers

;

Me.
  2. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

1. You are in DFU when there is a black screen. Use my signature to get in it.
    2. No.
    3. Not that I have had. But some people do. Explore the forums to find some problems that you might have.
  3. xcdjy

xcdjy Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Thanks for the reply! I managed to get into DFU mode

Only problem is, redsn0w cut out as soon as I activated it. A word flashed up too quick for me to read, then it cut out. I'll try and re-download

Thanks

------------------double post merged------------------
    I've just jailbroke (hopefully, touch-wood).

I took out my USB hub, and plugged my USB modeminto an actual port, and my iPod into a separate one. I had to sacrifice my mouse in the process, but I enabled mousekeys to help my ass.

redsn0w downloads a few files from what I can gather, which explains why it didn't work before - I never had USB modem plugged in.

Yeah, I'm a n00b, but hey.

Thanks for the help. Nice to know someone puts the effort in