Redsn0w 0.3 quick question...

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by pavan, May 1, 2009.

1. pavan

pavan Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    does anyone know where the files are stored when they are downloaded? in the redsn0w 0.3 it downloads files. where are they? and if i replace the iboot with the verbose patch (the logome trick isnt working and i have to rejailbreak anyways) will anything bad happen? thanks.

EDIT: yea the logome thing made me DFU restore so i did that my ipod booted up normally (unjailbreaked) so i DFU'd and ran redsn0w it uploaded all the exploits and after the third one it said "rebooting" and just closed. my ipod touch is in recovery i think. it is in itunes as recovery/dfu and the screen is on (i can tell by the light) and is black. i can get in regular restore mode. idk y this happens. ive tried redsn0w so many times. its the 0.3 directly from redsn0w.com
    its worked before so...
  2. I don't know where the files are stored but I'm pretty sure doing the verbose thing won't harm your iPod in anyway, the biggest problem which has the slightest chance of happening is you'll have to DFU+restore but most likely you'd just have to re-jailbreak/re-install logome/put the original iboot back.
  3. pavan

pavan Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    so can u or anyone help with my new problem? it says rebooting after the third stage and just closes. more detail in the OP