redjoker5 vs gojohnnyboi.....vs bgizzle?

Discussion in 'Site feedback, suggestions, and discussions' started by Comrade J, Sep 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Comrade J

Comrade J Banned

as some of you might have seen this thread got a little bit out of control with a dispute between gojohnnyboi and redjoker5. now im making a thread about this mostly NOT because of my friendship with redjoker5 but because the measures bgizzle took to deal with the flaming in the thread was unfair.

if you go to to the crime and punishment forum and check, bgizzle banned redjoker5 permanently after only one past warning and one past infraction. but then i went to the gojohnnyboi discipline thread, and imagine my surprise when i see that not only did gojohnnyboi get a mere WARNING even though he started the flaming in the thread against the OP, but bgizzle even stated that he had received 7 WARNINGS IN THE PAST. so redjoker5 got ONE warning and then gets banned twice, one of the bans for 2 weeks and now permanently. meanwhile gojohnnyboi has been warned several times and he continues to break more rules and doesnt get punished for it.

so bgizzle, i ask you this. not as redjoker5's friend because he DID flame and he does deserve SOME punishment but i ask you this as a member of this community and as a member who likes to see things in a fair way. why should gojohnnyboi receive 7 warnings, flame again, and not even get a one week ban yet redjoker does it for a second time and gets permanently banned?
  2. simonrichards150

simonrichards150 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I have to agree with you, they should have received the same punishment. Both were using personal insults and cursing.
  3. craigstephen420

craigstephen420 New Member

I noticed that too. But in the rules, they make it perfectly clear that it is up to their discretion. Fair or not, it is up to them who does and doesn't get banned. I said some RELLY ugly things to one guy on here and was banned only for a week, expecting to get banned forever. I have one other question, when one gets banned, is your entire wireless network affected as well? Because I tried to access this site on three different computers and they were all banned. I work on a guest ranch and if I get banned, does that mean anyone on this network attempting to access this site is also banned? If so, I better watch what I say. By the way, what I said to this guy was mostly a joke. I wanted to see how far I could go before being banned. Kind of a test.
  4. Aprosamurai

Aprosamurai Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    thats like ricardofelix95 and that other dude they both got 3 points the other guy is back tommorow and ricardofelix is back the 26
  5. bgizzle

bgizzle Administrator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    first of all, publicly second guessing our decisions is not a good idea. this could have been sent in a PM rather than in a thread with an attention-whoring title.

secondly, our system is explained very clearly in our rules at http://www.ifans.com/rules

If people have past infractions, and reach the 6 point threshold, they are permanently banned.

gojohnnyboy received a warning rather than an infraction because his outburst was inappropriate but not personal in nature. next time, he will receive an infraction no matter what due to the number of times we have warned him for this types of outbursts about piracy.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.