redeeming cards

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by andrew!, Sep 21, 2008.

1. andrew!

andrew! New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    ok well today I got a 15$ iTunes card. I went to the iTunes store on the iPod and redeemed the card. then I went and bought spore. I went back to the itunes store (on the iPod) and it still says 15$
    does this mean that my sisters debit card was charged 9.99$ instead of the card?
    that would suck...
  2. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

yup
    credit card was charged
    apps don't take money off of itunes cards
    the developers need to get there money and they can't if they use itunes cards
  3. andrew!

andrew! New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    nope I just figured it out. I had to redeem it again, then it asked for the password and then it took the 9.99$.

and no matter what, if it's a debit card or iTunes card, they will still get money, the only difference is that one is from apples designated card.
  4. the goat

the goat Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    apps do charge the cards. i got a £25 gift card and bought a ton of apps. the cheapest apps are 59p which would be 1 dollar and guess what? at the end i had 58p! so i bought a 59p app and my dads credit card has been charged 1 penny! but apps certianly DO charge gift cards. but how long ago was it mate? because sometimes it takes like a day or two for it to process. wait till you get an 'itunes store reciept' in your inbox.
  5. andrew!

andrew! New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    it took like 10 minutes to process. now it's fine