Redeem Appstore Promo codes on your iphone/ipod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Evanmav, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Evanmav

Evanmav New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok so i was on my ipod touch on safari and saw this developer posted 25 promo codes for his application but i couldn't get on a computer and was afraid that by the time i could get on a comp all the codes would be gone. so i wrote the code down and then went into the itunes store app, not the appstore. went to downloads and hit the redeem button and entered the code. I then got an error message saying couldnt connect to the itunes store and then it started loading and i got the picture attached.

so basically you cant really download the app right onto ur ipod or iphone BUT you will have the application. and all you have to do is next time you go onto your computer just go to check for available downloads from the itunes store. so next time a dev posts a promo code for a free game and ur on ur ipod or iphone and ur like DARN! missed an oppurtunity to get a free game, think twice! lol

EDIT: i just clciked on the appstore on my ipod and when i did that it popped up the account info for me to sign in and after i did that the application started downloading and now its on my ipod! so apparently you can use the promo codes on your ipod without even using a comp!

Attached Files:

2. Totally 1337

Totally 1337 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    thats awesome! great to know! thanks

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. tmaxx445

tmaxx445 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    were did you get the codes from????

thanks tmaxx445
  4. Taylorconnor98

Taylorconnor98 New Member

Anyone know where to get this kind of code? Would be a real help.

I'm typing from my iPod touch 2g mwahahahaha!!!!