Red Sn0W HELP!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by mcxbuckz, Feb 15, 2009.

1. mcxbuckz

mcxbuckz New Member

I was using Cyw00d's GUI Jailbreak program, and after I installed the jailbroken firmware onto my Ipod i couldn't do anything with it. AT ALL. the screen is pitch black and my computer can't recognize it. When it was in DFU mode before my computer would recognize it but now it is impossible to be recognized.
  2. Tom_L222

Tom_L222 Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If you have installed the custom firmware then it should be like that. Use the booter build into Cyw00d if it has one, or if it doesn't use QuickBoot to boot your ipod.
  3. mcxbuckz

mcxbuckz New Member

the step after says to put it in dfu mode and apply the patch but my computer doesn't recognize that there is an ipod plugged in, and nothing else can recognize my ipod, it says got usb iphone/ipod not found. im really sad about this
  4. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    make sure you have Libusb installed, and it sounds like you are not getting into DFU mode, just keep trying to get it
    Just in case here it is
    1. Plug iPod into computer
    2. Hold Sleep/wake and home for 10 seconds
    3. Let go of sleep/wake and keep holding home button for 10 seconds or until your computer makes a beeping noise
  5. iNsTiiNkZ

iNsTiiNkZ New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Make sure it's in DFU mode. Hold the Home and Power for around 15 secs. It should auto-shutoff. Then put it into DFU like normal, and you should have iTunes say that you need to restore the iPod. But don't restore.
  6. afawcett

afawcett New Member

uninstall libusb and try putting it into dfu, and then you have to reinstall libusb.