"Red Jolt" beta semi jailbreak app ruined my ipod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by 0xjf, Feb 17, 2009.

1. 0xjf

0xjf Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    No, it's not bricked, it's really screwed up, that's what it is. So i ran the program and did what it said. (below)

Please Register or Log in to view images

Notice in the picture above it says "Wait for the recovery logo to appear" well i got to that point. then it says to boot your jailbreak, so i entered the semi-rslite commands and my ipod went straight back to recovery mode. now that's not the only problem. now every time i try to restore with any firmware 2.2.1 on my comp, (Semi.ipsw, custom221.ipsw, or 221.ipsw) iTunes goes through the whole restore process along with the ipod etc etc. but when i boot it up again it goes right back to recovery mode. what happened and how can i fix this? thanks so much.
  2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I bet its User error.
  3. Bi0hAzArD

Bi0hAzArD Member

After it restores it has to connect to itunes to sync all your stuff back. It's like a new ipod.
  4. jamil_d

jamil_d Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I had the same problem. It's not user error; but it's not a fault with Red Jolt. I haven't pinpointed the problem yet.

Code:
    iRecovery -f iBSS211.dfu
    [Unplug, replug iPod]
    iRecovery -s
    setenv boot-path /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kernelcaches/kernelcache.s5l8720x
    setenv auto-boot true
    saveenv
    fsboot

5. 0xjf

0xjf Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    so what should i do then?
  6. Jaikob

Jaikob New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Restore and try again.

Ruined is a strong word btw. If I wanted the application to blow something up, I very well could have programmed that. But for now, I'll stick with JB'ing

7. 0xjf

0xjf Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    i don't think you read my post correctly. my iPod is RUINED. every time i try restoring it with iTunes it goes right back to recovery mode after the restore process on iTunes. all i have now is an ipod touch with the recovery logo on it. ohh yay a 250$ piece of metal with a picture on it. ugh
  8. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If it goes back to recovery mode, you are far from ruined my friend. Either ask constructive questions or simply don't state things you can't back up.
  9. Jaikob

Jaikob New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    It's people like you that ruin society for the rest of us. Maybe?!?! maybe try holding power for 12 seconds, and home for 8 more to put it into DFU?? Oh now, that won't work, I haz bricked meh ipod! Or you could use the search button at the top.

Btw, I hope you read the nice disclaimer stating I am not responsible for anything that happens to any device you hook up to the application.

Self ignorance is a problem sometimes

And btw, many have used my application with fantastic results.
  10. 0xjf

0xjf Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    well then what's the solution to it big guy? you seem to know everything so why don't you enlighten me. THANKS!