Recycle Bin -forum

Discussion in 'Site feedback, suggestions, and discussions' started by Psyko, Aug 26, 2010.

1. Psyko

Psyko Member

This forum is easily the one that's the hardest to browse. I visit about three to five forums on a daily basis, and I sometimes feel like coming here is a hassle, as I have to dig my way through the indexes to find people I can help, not just the average "why can't I jailbreak 4.0.2 with jailbreakme?"
    There are way too many people asking the same questions, and most of them appear to keep living.

Therefore, I suggest we add a Recycle Bin forum. A read-only forum for all usergroups. The most common threads, such as "How do I jailbreak my ipod using jailbreakme" and "how do I jailbreak my iphone with spirit" would be moved there, with a short moderator notice saying "Please search before posting".

I've seen a few other forums use this method. The forums are easier to browse. Threads with people who need help come through, and the all too common questions from what appears to be people who wants to be spoon fed with information, decrease.

What do you think? Am I trippin on shrooms or is this something worth giving second thought?
  2. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
  3. Psyko

Psyko Member

Exactly! It's frustrating! I'm getting the impression that all these noob threads are getting attention because other people know how to do it. So what better way could they raise their post count other than replying to all these threads?

Just a theory... It's common on all forums.
  4. Appman

Appman Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I agree with you, but I think that would be somewhat difficult to do considering ALL the threads that are posted asking the same question, but idk.
    Also, if visiting this forum seems like a hassle, you may want to cut down on the forums you view lol.

Please Register or Log in to view images

But I understand what you are saying.
  5. pyromatic

pyromatic New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    It's very annoying but what can we do? Though I'd love to see that recycle bin section on the forum. Looks helpful.
  6. Torin_93

Torin_93 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Well normally all of these threads can be resolved just by reading th Tutorials Section. No real need for a Recycle Bin is there?
  7. Psyko

Psyko Member

Surely, but what would happen to all the threads? You can't just ditch them, they'd still lurk there for people to hump for post count. Sounds pretty dramatic when I say it but it's true.

As for threads prior to this, I dunno. It might put a strain on the staff, so expanding the staff list would probably be a good idea. such as partial mods, moderating separate forum sections only. (No, I'm not applying or trying to get me mod. I dont have the time anyway)
  8. bgizzle

bgizzle Administrator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    It's a forum. People don't come here for help if they already are experts. Either help the people with questions by linking to a thread answering their question and gently reminding them to search, or ignore their threads.
  9. RandomEskimo

RandomEskimo Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    I agree, just make yourself a list of tutorials for questions that are often asked. Just say: "I think this is what you are looking for

Please Register or Log in to view images

insert ipt fans link here)"