Recreate ITunes Library, Playlists, etc.

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by gfpmoney, Jan 31, 2010.

1. gfpmoney

gfpmoney New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I had to uninstall ITunes from my laptop because I converted from Windows Vista to Windows 7. I know where my music is to import back to ITunes, but how do I get back my playlists and applications?

Thank you.
  2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Well, I think it's too late for your playlists, you should've exported the playlist file then import it back into iTunes. But now it's gone so.. yea. For your applications, just redownload them, you won't have to pay for them again (if you're on the same iTunes account, that is).
  3. gfpmoney

gfpmoney New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    My playlists are still on my IPod, there a way to get them back into ITunes? Other than Sharepod? Also, I did a backup of my hard drive onto an external device before I converted to Windows 7, maybe I can pull the playlist file from there?

Thanks.
  4. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

I don't think it's possible. Sharepod might be your only way.
  5. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Sharepod is free, so why not? It'll take care of the whole job.
  6. koyut

koyut Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    What us wrong with using Sharepod?
  7. gfpmoney

gfpmoney New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Sharepod

I've used Sharepod before and lost the ability to view music videos I had bought from ITunes.
  8. richardcav

richardcav Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding the question, but I always went to Explorer to back up my ipod junk. I think you can navigate through C:\Users\window7\my music I drag Itunes to another drive then drag it back after reinstalling itunes.

Even when I don't, the playlists are always the last things to lose, even when the ipod isn't recognized by the computer.

I went through a battle with Windows 7, installing, uninstalling, through it all, the playlists were still always there. It was so frustrating to see all he playlists and never the ipod. SO glad that is over for now, man!
  9. gfpmoney

gfpmoney New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks for weighing in forum fans. I was unsure since I went through this switching computers in Oct09. I have successfully gotten my old ITunes library, playlists, apps, etc. just by downloading Itunes again on the same laptop.
  10. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

no back up file to import

I changed computers, trashed the old one. I just tried to add some songs to my ipod and I lost all the music on my ipod except the new add-ons. Anyway I can
    get the old playlist back? I thought I would have to re-purchase all my favorites and reinstall, but it wouldn't let me do that either, when I click on "buy"it comes back with "already purchased"