Recovery Mode...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by countryjake22, Jun 15, 2010.

1. countryjake22

countryjake22 New Member

I know this seems like a simple questions but I cannot get my iPod Touch 3g 32gb on 3.1.3 to go into Recovery Mode so that I can grab the SHSH Blob!!! I have followed possibly every tutorial possible and it doesn't work. The one that people seem to advocate the most and even apple says will put your phone into recovery mode is as follows: Turn off the iPod and make sure its unplugged. Hold down the home button and plug it into the computer while still holding the home button. The device should start to turn on and then show the recovery mode screen.

I have tried this procedure a million times with no avail! I have even tried many other ways and even tried tweaking this one to make it work. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can go about this?

I really want to jailbreak my iPod touch but I won't do it until I have the SHSH blob saved just in case.

Please help!!
  2. ibizaGTi

ibizaGTi New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hhhmm...I've always done:
    Ensure iPod is plugged directly into computer (ie. NOT though a USB hub).
    Press and hold HOME + Power buttons for 10 seconds (or until iPod completely shuts down).
    Continue holding HOME until it boots back up.

If that doesn't work, try iReb...it *may* be able to boot the iPod into recovery mode.
  3. countryjake22

countryjake22 New Member

Ok, I actually have tried that before too, saw it in videos on youtube and stuff, still nothing. Also, when I hold the home+power buttons, my iPod touch takes a screen shot of what its doing....

BTW, whats iReb??
  4. b-mac 39

b-mac 39 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Unplug your iPod from the computer, turn it off, and hold the home button while plugging it back in. Hold it until the screen comes up. It should turn on from plugging it in.
  5. countryjake22

countryjake22 New Member

but thats exactly what i do and nothing happens! the iPod just turns on and brings up the apple icon. I continue to hold the home button and then my computer makes two bleeping noises like it recognizes a piece of hardware has been plugged in and then it goes straight to the Enter Passcode and then Syncing in Progress.... No Recovery Mode... I feel like I have tried everything

My iPod doesnt have to be jailbroken to get the SHSH blob right?