Recovery Mode/ update Problems

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jay_21_jay, Apr 20, 2010.

1. jay_21_jay

jay_21_jay New Member

Howdy,

This is the 1st time it has died on me, and i have been sat here for hours on end trying to find a solution....please help.

It started with me updating my ipod software to the new version (3.1.3 i think) it had just finished downloading and iTunes said it was installing. Then i had a power cut....

Now itunes cannot find my ipod, the ipod itself tells me to connect it to itunes. I have been through 20 different solutions on apple website, i have been in device manager, i have checked to see if all the drivers are up to date, i have reinstalled itunes, i have follwed the procedure to take the ipod into its recovery mode, but nothing is working

Please Register or Log in to view images

In device manager i can find the ipod in other devices, i has a little (!) next to it and says this device is not working properly Error Code 1.

Something else odd, you know the little sound that windows play when it acknowledges a usb device is put in or taken out. Well the taking out sound is fine, but everytime i plug it in the sound is differnt like there is something wrong.

I hope im explaining myself properly.

Any help at all would be great.

Cheers

JJ
  2. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    • Plug your iPod into your computer
    • Press and hold both the Home and Power button for 10 seconds
    • Release the Power Button but continue to hold the Home button until iTunes pops up and says your iPod is in Recovery Mode
    • Your iPod's screen should be black but still recognized by iTunes.
  3. jay_21_jay

jay_21_jay New Member

you my friend... are a star