Recovery Mode on every reboot

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Le Reveur, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Le Reveur

Le Reveur New Member

First off, nice to find an itouch hack forum. Very new to itouch/iphone scene. I'm capable of hacking the wii, 360, and psp, so itouch felt easy when I used blackrain.

Anyways, I've had a lot more problems than expected. Cydia is stuck on the loading screen, so I had to use OpenSSH to remove some files. But now I have a bigger problem. Ever since that whole cydia incident, every time I have to reboot my itouch, it goes straight into recovery mode (Meaning if I turn off the itouch, and turn it back on, or use Winterboard that requires a reboot it goes to recovery instead of the main menu). It's a pain because I have to use blackrain just to get back to the main menu. I'm thinking it still has something to do with Cydia, though I've re-restored and jailbroken several times now just to fix that issue. Maybe it's the blackrain jailbreak.
  2. deadlyvirus

deadlyvirus New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    What kind of iPod do you have?
  3. Le Reveur

Le Reveur New Member

sorry, itouch 8gb 3g 3.1.2 firmware
  4. dunuck

dunuck Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Cydia is not the problem

The thing is you have the new ipod that apple patched with a new bootroom, apple made it to combat the jailbreak

What you are experiencing is called: tethered jailbreak
  5. Le Reveur

Le Reveur New Member

tethred jailbreak is a recovery mode loop right? I've tried using iH8snOw recovery mode loop fixer, but it dosen't work. Will jailbreaking with red snow make a difference? Or, is there no way to stop the tethered jailbreak?
  6. iPod-eee

iPod-eee New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    everytime you reboot your ipod, plug it into a computer and run blackra1n again

hope this helps
  7. Le Reveur

Le Reveur New Member

tnx guys, I think I just have to deal with the tethered jailbreak until they come out with a better jailbreak for the 3g.
  8. dunuck

dunuck Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah they most likely release the untethered jailbreak once the new iphone launches
  9. iPod-eee

iPod-eee New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Tethered isn't actually so bad. Only major problems are apps that require you to reboot from cydia or of you travel on a plane often. I had to climb to the baggage compartment, get my laptop out, wait 5 minutes for the rejailbreak, put it back up into the baggage compartment.

In my opinion, i think that is the only major problem with tethered jailbreaks.