Recovery Mode Mac Help?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by aithneblaise, Mar 13, 2009.

1. aithneblaise

aithneblaise New Member

Hi, I have to admit I'm a complete n00b, and maybe shouldn't have tried this, so please forgive me, but I tried to put my Ipod into DFU mode. I now have read that 10.5.6 doesn't allow DFU mode and you have to download a fix to get it to work, and so of course it went into Recovery Mode!

I don't know what to do! If I click restore, it just says "Software for this Ipod is not currently available. Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes and try again" The device section in the side panel just says iPod and iTunes doesn't/can't find anymore information about the iPod!

Please, if anyone can help I would be very grateful!
  2. musicolgy

musicolgy New Member

im a noob to lol but can u click restore or keep trying to put it into DFU mode while itunes is open maybe it will detect it my ipod would be just a black screen and i would freak itunes wouldnt recognize it nothing would until i kept holding the home key like if i were putting it in DFU mode try that idk is libUSB installed????

but now its jailbroken i used the one method someone posted on here that uses quickfreedom