Recovery Mode, ipod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jbear123, Aug 20, 2009.

1. jbear123

jbear123 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hi,

I tried to update apps today and the ipod froze. I reset it by holding home and power, and now it is in recovery mode, and i cant get it out.

I have the option of restoring the ipod, but im not sure if this will loose any data? I have important info, especially in the alarm notes, notes and the to do list (downloaded app).

The ipod touch isn't jailbroken.

Is there a way of restoring the ipod without loosing any data at all? or is there a way of extracting files in alarms, notes and to do lists before i do the restore?

Thanks for your help!

Jon
  2. LeanPocketTouch

LeanPocketTouch Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Well, if you backed up your iPod in iTunes before it happened you could just restore from a backup. If you didn't, sorry you just lost your stuff. Always remember, backup everything....
  3. jbear123

jbear123 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Can anyone else confirm this or help me out? Loosing the data really isn't an option - maybe apple can retrieve the data from it?

Thanks
  4. iBoss™

iBoss™ Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  5. jbear123

jbear123 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hi i tried this many times but cant get it to work? I get the apple logo as if its starting up, then the screen flashes and it does another apple logo then the connect to itunes screen.
    To me this seems like it starts to work then slips back into connect to itunes mode?

Does anyone else have any ideas?

If i were to restore it, would the backup make back ups of the alarms and notes?
  6. Quadrant

Quadrant New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You can restore it from a backup, which means that the notes/alarms that were on your iPod the last time you synced it will still be there.