Recovery mode in 2.0

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by LaFlamme, Jul 28, 2008.

1. LaFlamme

LaFlamme New Member

Okay, I'm in iHell. After the upgrade to 2.0, I had to spend hours getting my songs, album flow etc. in order because my iTunes is a mess and the sync didn't go well. Got it all done, though, after spending most of the weekend on it. All was well. And then, inexplicably, my Touch went into recovery mode, with that wretched usb cord and iTunes symbol on the screen.
    From what I understand, knocking it out of recovery in older firmware was nothing at all. I downloaded several programs: ibrickr, iliberty, ifuntastic, ziphone, et al and each of them had options for getting out of recovery mode. Sadly, none of them recognized my Touch with the 2.0 firmware.
    My question: is there any way at all to get out of recovery mode in 2.0 without a restore? Will the above mentioned programs eventually be tweaked to handle the new firmware? Should I just start drinking and get accustomed to a music free life?
    Any ideas or thoughts at all would be tremendously appreciated. I don't see an RSS for comments so feel free to write me at mark@marklaflamme.com
  2. Tyr0

Tyr0 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    hmm...you say you tried iPhuc yet?
  3. LaFlamme

LaFlamme New Member

Hmmm. Nope. That's not one I've tried. Worth a shot?
  4. Tyr0

Tyr0 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    umm... i beleive that its based off of itunes, so yeah, try that, but you have to manually enter commands. Just see if it reads it, then ill give u instructions from there.

EDIT: If not, just go into DFU mode and sh*t+click update to the pwned 2.0, so you just take 15 min to update, rather than the 2 hours for music.
  5. LaFlamme

LaFlamme New Member

Man, I'm utterly lost. I don't have any clue how to get started with iphuck.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Ahhh, nope. Doesn't seem to find the device.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Up until 5 a.m. and nothing has worked. Still waiting for an iSavior.
  6. LaFlamme

LaFlamme New Member

I never did get out of recovery mode. However, the sting of restoring was eased a bit by the "restore from backup" option. All settings, contacts, bookmarks, etc. were saved. Just had to resync music, apps and photos.
  7. joshman99

joshman99 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I have found that sometimes, if you let the battery run down, then leave it for even longer (day more?) then the ipod will fully shut down and you can restart normally. I think that the power gets so low that the ipod/iphone must 'forget' it is in recovery mode...

Hope this helped
  8. hazimj

hazimj New Member

SOS

Guys, i have the same problem! I have tried EVERYTHING from ziphone to iBrickr, and, it reached to the point where i had to restore it. But when i tried, it was downloading, download done, then extracting software, then preparing ipod for restore, the i get the dreadful error message saying: The iPod cannot be restored. (5).
    Guys, i seriously need help in this. Thanks!