Recover Stored Network Password iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by KevinNeoKevin, Jun 27, 2008.

1. KevinNeoKevin

KevinNeoKevin New Member

Hey, my buddy has an iPod touch with a network password in it that we both can't remember and don't really have access to obtaining again in the near future...is there any way to find or read the file on the iPod where the network password is stored possibly?

Maybe there is a way in v-Term or through SSH but i'm not sure, my experience and knowledge of those programs are limited to browsing directories and changing permissions.

Any input would be useful, thanks.

~Kevin
  2. SiXAXiS

SiXAXiS Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    I'm pretty shure iTunes stores that when you make a backup of your iPod/iPhone, because I did a restore and it loaded all of my preferences.
  3. KevinNeoKevin

KevinNeoKevin New Member

He doesn't really have a main computer as one he can sync and backup to. Originally he had used someone else's computer for the initial setup and some songs, then I jailbroke it for him. So we really don't have access to the iTunes in which this password may have been stored.

I'm still hoping someone out there knows a bit more specifically where the password is stored in the iPod itself.

Thanks again

Please Register or Log in to view images

~Kevin