Recover file from ipod restore

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by joneee, Mar 14, 2009.

1. joneee

joneee New Member

I restored my ipod and started it as a new one since I just jailbroke it but there was information on my previous apps, like what tasks and to do, that I need to retrieve and put into my ipod once again.
    Simply transferring the app from itunes to my ipod doesn't work because it just puts a fresh app inside.

Anyone know of anyway to recover my information from the restore file?

Many thanks!
  2. Tavis_C

Tavis_C Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If you restored to original firmware, any information that you might want on your old one is probably lost.
  3. joneee

joneee New Member

4. Tavis_C

Tavis_C Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Replacing the firmware is sorta like putting a new HD in your computer. Once you take it out, and put a new one in, you can't access the information that was on the old one. I'm not even sure that things like Notes, Calender, etc are stored in the app files, or just written to free memory on the iPod. If its the former, then restoring to the version of the firmware that had all that information might let you view it again. If its the latter, then its lost forever. Next time, take screenshots of any information you HAVE to have, and email it to yourself. That way, you won't lose it.